Luke McCaffrey

suh_fan93

As others have pointed out, maybe Luke has realized he doesn't want to get caught up the rat race of high-level college football.  Nothing against Rice, as it's still D1 football, but the expectations aren't the same there as they are at NU or Louisville.  He's a smart kid, can get a great education, and get the opportunity to play QB.  This level of college football might have been the better choice for him from the beginning, but I don't blame him giving 2 years at NU a shot.  He started a couple games, and probably got to know a lot of good teammates.

Everyone has different goals and aspirations. Not everyone wants to play in the NFL or be the starting QB or even receiver in a big time college program. 

Getting a great education, playing QB and having fun aren't necessarily somehow bad things to do for a 20 year old kid. He could have been someone that made a few plays for us in the slot, but he was never going to be the QB here. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Everyone has different goals and aspirations. Not everyone wants to play in the NFL or be the starting QB or even receiver in a big time college program. 

Getting a great education, playing QB and having fun aren't necessarily somehow bad things to do for a 20 year old kid. He could have been someone that made a few plays for us in the slot, but he was never going to be the QB here. 

Good point. I had a few NAIA/DII schools at least saying they were interested in me for football coming out of high school, and I could have at least gotten a decent little bit in scholarship money, but ultimately decided that while I love football, I didn't love the pressure, weight training, waking up at 6am, and "full time job" requirements on top of school to make it worthwhile for me. 

• Plus1 2
22 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Good point. I had a few NAIA/DII schools at least saying they were interested in me for football coming out of high school, and I could have at least gotten a decent little bit in scholarship money, but ultimately decided that while I love football, I didn't love the pressure, weight training, waking up at 6am, and "full time job" requirements on top of school to make it worthwhile for me. 

Same here, played one season DII could have played ST and some reserve role- but found out college can be really fun (lots of hot available chicks and parties) and loved the academics.  Football went from being a 6 month gig of 3 hours a day to 12 months 3-7 hours a day. AND went from being able to win any sprint and be in the top 2% in weights to being lower end of the middle- giving full effort when everyone else was going half. Went from game to job- not for everyone.

:dunno 

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Obviously, he originally  had the goal of playing QB at a P5 program. Otherwise he wouldn’t have come to Nebraska then go to Louisville. 

Now, maybe his goals gave changed after he realized that wasn’t an option. 

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Optics aren't great with CMC chiming in, but LMC did transfer after 4 days of workouts at LVille. Seems like the definition of bad advice...

Bad advice, bad attitude, bad diligence, bad decisions with where to play, bad decisions with where to throw the ball...

• Haha 1

Scott can learn to hold his tongue a little bit better in the fishbowl of Nebraska, but this is a big nothing burger and I couldn't care any less.

Luke and Max have an understandable bias because Luke is their little brother, and you're supposed to protect and take care of your little brother. Nothing wrong with that. They are wrong, of course, in their arguments, but that's fine. The only people who will care are people who are letting personal attachments win over reason. Can't win with people like that no matter what you do.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to Luke McCaffrey