Luke McCaffrey

suh_fan93

10 hours ago, Farms said:

There’s the full quote for context. He could of been referring to Keyshawn Greene for all we know.

image.png

This is a completely reasonable, thoughtful, and even-handed thing to say that's now going to get pummeled into the ground because one of our beat writers is a dip.

Mitch Sherman loves to play fast and loose with editorializing in his articles and he deserves a lot of flack for it.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree that the McCaffrey's are being unrealistic that they wouldn't Luke wouldn't receive any blowback from fans or coaches.  Honestly, Dylan and Luke probably received a lot more attention than other players during the recruiting process because of their last name, and the success of Christian.  Also, being the son of a former NFL player has allowed the McCaffrey's to get a lot of training and exposure that the average player can't afford.  Maybe the dad and the older brothers should have better prepared Dylan and Luke for any potential criticism about them down the road.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Louisville's coach saying LM left because he expected a starting job and what not was so much worse than anything Frost said. Frost didn't need to make the reference, but he's not wrong and for kids not named LM transferring 2-3 times or more is going to make it really likely you never graduate.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

They've made a big deal out of "we're going to worry about the guys that are here," so I don't know why he specifically called out what had to be McCaffrey. It's the kind of comment that goes over great with the local crowd but you probably shouldn't make when the actual media guys are there. 

I get your take on it but IMO, he is publicly reminding his current players what can happen when you bail.  Highlighting the bad things that can happen just might convince a kid in the program to pause before leaving.  To me, all of his comments regarding transfers are a form of worrying about who he currently has.  Mentioning specifically someone they know hopefully makes it hit home with some of them.    

• suh_fan93 changed the title to Luke McCaffrey
9 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I get your take on it but IMO, he is publicly reminding his current players what can happen when you bail.  Highlighting the bad things that can happen just might convince a kid in the program to pause before leaving.  To me, all of his comments regarding transfers are a form of worrying about who he currently has.  Mentioning specifically someone they know hopefully makes it hit home with some of them.    

I think you're right, yep.

I like that the players have the transfer portal; it fits within the same paradigm of the adult workplace where if you don't like your current job, you're completely free to go find another one for your own benefit. But if you bail from a college football roster, there are some potential consequences.

Luke just isn't a starting Power 5 QB, in my personal opinion. Not unless that school is running the option like Georgia Tech or something, anyway. He may be better off agreeing to be used as "an athlete" if he wants to best chance of having the highest possible football trajectory.