Luke McCaffrey

suh_fan93

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

• 6 months later...

Set aside your personal hate and disappointment, and drop the pitchforks.  It's been years since teh QB project didn't quite work out.  The kid moved on.

It's most likely due to having a brother with so much talent and NFL success, but teams and scouts point out the athletic ability, quickness and speed of Luke.

Not just drafted, but 3rd round?

Hmmm...

This mock projection is from 1 day ago.  We will see. And good for Luke if he can be an NFL player for a few years.  Not sure he would become something above average, but here we go...

49ers select WR Luke McCaffrey in Round 3

https://www.nfl.com/news/four-round-2024-nfl-mock-draft-49ers-select-wr-luke-mccaffrey-in-round-3

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I call total BS on this. 

How is that BS? 

The idea of moving him to WR at Nebraska was a message board fantasy, and the media's wet dream too. 

In the end he became more valuable at WR, but still..... Frost had 2AM at QB1 forever, playing up and down and inconsistent...., and he brought along Luke.  That's all they had at QB.  

If he had said "yes there was some talk after 2 years and I didn't want to start all over"..... then yes, it would be something.

However, you got to take the man's words at face value when he is being asked a loaded question.  He said there wasn't, so I believe him.  

2 hours ago, admo said:

How is that BS? 

The idea of moving him to WR at Nebraska was a message board fantasy, and the media's wet dream too. 

Message board fantasy...fueled by the evidence of him being successful playing wide receiver with an entrenched multi-year starter at qb :wacko:

• Fire 1
  • TBH 2

8 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Message board fantasy...fueled by the evidence of him being successful playing wide receiver with an entrenched multi-year starter at qb :wacko:

Yes….and left to go to Louisville….to play QB. Then left again when he couldn’t. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
7 hours ago, admo said:

How is that BS? 

In the end he became more valuable at WR, but still..... Frost had 2AM at QB1 forever, playing up and down and inconsistent...., and he brought along Luke.  That's all they had at QB.  

If he had said "yes there was some talk after 2 years and I didn't want to start all over"..... then yes, it would be something.

However, you got to take the man's words at face value when he is being asked a loaded question.  He said there wasn't, so I believe him.  

Except he ran routes here and caught passes here. That is all the proof of "talk" of playing WR a person needs. He sounds so stupid saying what he said. You know what he didn't do? Have an interception or kick a field goal. So, I'd believe him if he had said there was never a hint of moving him to CB or placekicker. And like others said, when we finally said, "Hey guy, you aren't going to make it here as a QB but you could really be something at WR," he left to pursue QB glory somewhere else. When they said the same thing we said, he left again to get a chance at QB. When even THEY said the same thing we said, he finally admitted to his little snowflake soul that he could be better than his brother or his dad at football, just not taking snaps. It's ok to eat the humble pie, Luke. You're going to have an amazing career and make lots of money catching passes.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1