Luke McCaffrey

suh_fan93

3 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

Lol..ok keyboard commander.

All I am saying is he put on some pounds and looked slower cognitively and athletically, hence "getting into college" aka freshmen 15, etc and all the extracirriculars that generally contribute to that...purely my observation. Now I expect you to go back and man your post.

That may be the worst take on why 2AM slumped last season after having a very good freshman season. By “purely my observation” I can only assume you meant “ridiculous sh#t I made up or pulled out of my a$$”. By any chance did you happen to notice anything that was going on with the rest of the team that could have negatively affected his performance? There is absolutely no evidence he “got into college” the way you insinuated. Show us on the doll where the 19 year old student athlete hurt you.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

That may be the worst take on why 2AM slumped last season after having a very good freshman season. By “purely my observation” I can only assume you meant “ridiculous sh#t I made up or pulled out of my a$$”. By any chance did you happen to notice anything that was going on with the rest of the team that could have negatively affected his performance? There is absolutely no evidence he “got into college” the way you insinuated. Show us on the doll where the 19 year old student athlete hurt you.

My eyes?

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

4 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Callahan says team has been hitting a lot the past 10 days. Its only been 8 or 9 since pads came on iirc.  Doubt we have hit everyday - how many practices actually since 9/30?  

Only one scrimmage in 10 plus months before we go to Ohio?  Man, I hope the game is not a comedy of errors/penalties/miscues etc?  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Callahan says team has been hitting a lot the past 10 days. Its only been 8 or 9 since pads came on iirc.  Doubt we have hit everyday - how many practices actually since 9/30?  

Only one scrimmage in 10 plus months before we go to Ohio?  Man, I hope the game is not a comedy of errors/penalties/miscues etc?  

“can’t get much worse” is about to hit one of these seasons

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

So either he should win the Heisman Trophy this year or he really wasn't ready to be the full time QB last year, despite all the clamoring.

When teammates like W'andale and coaches clamor that tells you something besides what we saw out of him last year.  I think he's shown it's very well deserved at this point.  I hope he plays a lot more at QB than last year and from listening to the coaches hopefully that is going to happen.  He did NOT look like a Freshman out there last year that's for sure.

50 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

When teammates like W'andale and coaches clamor that tells you something besides what we saw out of him last year.  I think he's shown it's very well deserved at this point.  I hope he plays a lot more at QB than last year and from listening to the coaches hopefully that is going to happen.  He did NOT look like a Freshman out there last year that's for sure.

I was referring to fans who were clamoring for him to take over last year despite it being pretty obvious that he had some growing to do as a QB.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I was referring to fans who were clamoring for him to take over last year despite it being pretty obvious that he had some growing to do as a QB.

That pretty much describes any freshman but sure.  I wouldn't have been a bit worried had he been our starter at any point last year I know that much.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, admo said:

but Macfree's daddy played Broncos

tenor.gif

go big redd

That kinda gets to my thoughts on Luke. Would NU fans be clamoring for him playing if his name was Johnson or Smith?

I know that bloodlines and genetics matter when it comes to athleticism, but is Luke all that different from Adrian at this point?  Adrian has size, passing ability, and experience while Luke has athleticism, speed, and the unknown. I think fans fall in love with the “unknown”. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to Luke McCaffrey