JD Spielman rumors

Red Five

52 minutes ago, Big Red Viking said:

Let him go.  His punt return prowess is terrible at best.  The Gophers were exposed in the last 3 games for the joke they are.  Let him row the boat with PJ Flake.  By the way Johnson is considered a joke in Minnesota.

Terrible? The gut has 2 punt returns for TDs. Its not his fault dewitt doesn't believe in blocking on punt returns.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Not sure the validity, but these types of attrition scenarios may be the pain Scott needs to wake up and see what is happening.  He doesn't lead the entire team, he's a co-lead with DeWitt and Chinander.  He has an unhealthy infatuation with a bad QB when there are other who give the players and program a better chance.  

Scott needs to evaluate some things this offseason.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 2
1 minute ago, DefenderAO said:

Not sure the validity, but these types of attrition scenarios may be the pain Scott needs to wake up and see what is happening.  He doesn't lead the entire team, he's a co-lead with DeWitt and Chinander.  He has an unhealthy infatuation with a bad QB when there are other who give the players and program a better chance.  

Scott needs to evaluate some things this offseason.

Well said

Scott needs to re-recruit the team...bird in the hand!

• Plus1 2

53 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Not a shared sentiment by some involved in the program on multiple levels.

I'm assuming you have legitimate sources, and its not just something you heard from someone who heard from someone who said he heard it from Matt Davison or Scott Frost or someone like that.  All i can say is he plays hard on Saturdays, and I would hate to lose him.  

This is me guessing cause i cant think of any other rational explanation, but the one time i really saw JD get upset was in the Illinois game when Martinez kept hanging him out to dry.  Immediately after one of those times he was hammered , JD was shown on the sidelines talking to coaches about something and he was very upset.  It was just one game, so maybe its not an issue anymore.  I just wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt like playing for this QB, and it seems so many guys on the team love Luke.  Again, i could be totally wrong.  But your QB effects far more than just how he plays himself.  He also effects the attitude of the entire offense, how much they love playing for their team, how confident they are in eachother, and the passion they play with.  The team may love AM also for all i know, but it looks pretty clear that they love Luke.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

• I've heard this about JD for 2 years now and is true that he has thought about leaving. Not sure he will 
  • I also heard that Vedral will be a GT in May 
  • McQuitty feels he should be getting PT
  • Domann having some frustrations with the staff 
  • Hunt and Legrone might be gone after their debacle 
  • Bradley, Rafdal, Butler and Jefferson see the writing on the wall with PT 
  • Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

I'm assuming you have legitimate sources, and its not just something you heard from someone who heard from someone who said he heard it from Matt Davison or Scott Frost or someone like that.  All i can say is he plays hard on Saturdays, and I would hate to lose him.  

This is me guessing cause i cant think of any other rational explanation, but the one time i really saw JD get upset was in the Illinois game when Martinez kept hanging him out to dry.  Immediately after one of those times he was hammered , JD was shown on the sidelines talking to coaches about something and he was very upset.  It was just one game, so maybe its not an issue anymore.  I just wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt like playing for this QB, and it seems so many guys on the team love Luke.  Again, i could be totally wrong.  But your QB effects far more than just how he plays himself.  He also effects the attitude of the entire offense, how much they love playing for their team, how confident they are in eachother, and the passion they play with.  The team may love AM also for all i know, but it looks pretty clear that they love Luke.

JD and AM are roommates...just a fyi

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:
  • I've heard this about JD for 2 years now and is true that he has thought about leaving. Not sure he will 

Vedral is going to graduate in 3 years?

2 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

The only one I would be confident on staying is Vedral other than Him i think your list is pretty accurate