JD Spielman rumors

Red Five

3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

JD Spielman is about to become the most prolific receiver in Nebraska history because every quarterback in his three years here found him open and dependable. There were games when JD was the only thing working, and he succeeded with the entire defense keying on him. He took massive hits, got hung out to dry on a few of them, but always kept coming.

I'm not sure about the definition of "buying in", but I'd appreciate if we didn't assume his disloyalty to Frost or Martinez, or push him out the door to save him from a dumpster fire, because I'm almost certain he will return along with every other disappointed player and give it everything he's got, like he always has. 

/end thread

38 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Do you just start typing random thoughts?

Basically yea...isnt that what we all do?  Btw i dont even think JD isn't bought in.  I was responding to the poster that claims he has credible sources that JD isn't bought in.  I always regret my decision after finishing my pizza from Lil Caesars...yea its only $5..but its s#!tty pizza and i always eat the whole thing.  

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

Basically yea...isnt that what we all do?  Btw i dont even think JD isn't bought in.  I was responding to the poster that claims he has credible sources that JD isn't bought in.  I always regret my decision after finishing my pizza from Lil Caesars...yea its only $5..but its s#!tty pizza and i always eat the whole thing.  

The Li'l Caeser's imfo might.be your most accurate.

6 hours ago, Big Red Viking said:

Let him go.  His punt return prowess is terrible at best.  The Gophers were exposed in the last 3 games for the joke they are.  Let him row the boat with PJ Flake.  By the way Johnson is considered a joke in Minnesota.

Lol joke they may be but they won more games then us and Beat our a$$.  Jokes on us!!

I felt bad for JD honestly.  For 2 years we have been able to get him and Stanley the ball. In comes Wandel and i feel Frost tried to do way to much and forgot about everyone else on offense.  Just my opinion.  

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

Lol joke they may be but they won more games then us and Beat our a$$.  Jokes on us!!

I felt bad for JD honestly.  For 2 years we have been able to get him and Stanley the ball. In comes Wandel and i feel Frost tried to do way to much and forgot about everyone else on offense.  Just my opinion.  

I agree....seems Frost sticks to the same plays and the same players and doesn't really ever go away from them...at least for the majority of the year ...ya we had a few plays that switched it up...but for the most part we only looked ar wandale and the swing pass..thats our year in a nutshell..you can use the excuse no one else will make a play or get open.. however i find thats not true from watching the games... there's been plentyyyy of open guys run free... AM just cant make it happen..

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, CAHusker said:

I also love JD , but this.

I hate that I posted that.  Am I the only one who feels like they loosing their mind with all the whining and bitching?  I love JD, and I think he has a great chance in the NFL.  There is no freeking way he is leaving Nebraska.  

2 minutes ago, CAHusker said:

I hate that I posted that.  Am I the only one who feels like they loosing their mind with all the whining and bitching?  I love JD, and I think he has a great chance in the NFL.  There is no freeking way he is leaving Nebraska.  

I could see him leaving NU just to try something different for his last year. Plus, if he were to go to Minnesota, it would be back in his hometown and close to his family.

I think he’s a marginal prospect for the NFL. I know slot receivers are important, but I don’t know if he has the speed and quickness for the next level. 

8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I could see him leaving NU just to try something different for his last year. Plus, if he were to go to Minnesota, it would be back in his hometown and close to his family.

I think he’s a marginal prospect for the NFL. I know slot receivers are important, but I don’t know if he has the speed and quickness for the next level. 

I guess anything wouldn't surprise me at this point, but I don't see why he would leave his team.  That's three years of building loyalty and friendships.  You make good points, it just doesn't feel right.  

7 minutes ago, CAHusker said:

I guess anything wouldn't surprise me at this point, but I don't see why he would leave his team.  That's three years of building loyalty and friendships.  You make good points, it just doesn't feel right.  

Four actually. He is a redshirt junior this year.