JD Spielman rumors

Red Five

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Which would make him a highly sought after “free agent” if he were to be a grad transfer. 

Yup.

Take Minny out of the picture.  He has been great, but teamwise he has been here for 4 craptacular years.  If he wants to go somewhere and win he would pretty much have his pick of schools.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

+1

That was my thought. To paraphrase his Iowa presser, We lined up and they new our scheme and we knew what they would do. We expected it.....I would hate to see him go.  I will say it is perplexing that Frost and Co didn't turn him lose like Shaq or Super D in 2003.....I know he was needed in coverage. A lot.  BUT he could be that game changer if they used him more/let him lose.

Guy played out of position this year. Get him back to his regular position and he can put up his normal numbers. R-E-L-A-X

And if any of these rumors are true....piss on them guys. Get busy leaving, we have plenty of guys on the team now and coming in that want to play here.

One certainly couldn't blame him for his frustrations.  He has been my favorite player this season by a long shot.  Heck I'd be frustrated too if I were in his shoes, based on who the coaches were starting at certain positions that clearly were holding the team back.  Meanwhile he's busting his a$$ and the D is still getting exposed.  That's why I maintain my "addition by subtraction" prediction for next years D.  There are some who had NO business starting and playing as much as they did.  Put that on the coaches.

• Plus1 1