JD Spielman rumors

Red Five

How many on this board actually are at the majority of the practices?  All this supposition is stated as fact and has little evidence to support any of it.   Bad game performance is not a support of these wild theories.    Everyone loves the backup qb.   All this the team loves Luke and hates playing with AM is ridiculous.

There is a lack of talent on both sides of the ball that gets exposed on gameday.    The 2nd string is not all diamonds in the rough, sometimes they are just the backups.

I don't see Spielman leaving, the school records matter.  Where I would like to see us start winning is on the recruiting trail.  We should never be 6th in the Big 10.   We should always be in the top 3.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

I'd call 45 fewer yards per game and 4 fewer points more than slight statistical improvement. Still not good enough, and the defense deserves it's share of the blame without a doubt. But if statistical improvement "proves nothing," what does? Just fans feeling better about what they see?

Well 5-7 is statistically better than 4-8, but I don't know anyone who feels better at the end of this season than last season.

And yeah, I think the test is always feeling better about what you see.  Knowing the Huskers gave up 27 points per game as opposed to 31 points per game doesn't convince me Chinandar has this ship turned around. 

• Plus1 3
12 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well 5-7 is statistically better than 4-8, but I don't know anyone who feels better at the end of this season than last season.

And yeah, I think the test is always feeling better about what you see.  Knowing the Huskers gave up 27 points per game as opposed to 31 points per game doesn't convince me Chinandar has this ship turned around. 

I certainly see where you’re coming from, and I am by no means convinced that Chinander is the answer.

However it seemed his defense did give the offense more opportunities to score this year as opposed to 2018. Iowa is a perfect example. How many times did the D get the ball back for the offense, only for the offense to go three and out? D can only do so much. 

His defense was giving up less points, while the offense was less productive. I can’t fault the guy too much. The tackling though still baffles me. That’s probably my biggest gripe. Also, I’d like to see what his defense would look like with a bonafide pass rusher. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Bryon said:

How many on this board actually are at the majority of the practices?  All this supposition is stated as fact and has little evidence to support any of it.   Bad game performance is not a support of these wild theories.    Everyone loves the backup qb.   All this the team loves Luke and hates playing with AM is ridiculous.

There is a lack of talent on both sides of the ball that gets exposed on gameday.    The 2nd string is not all diamonds in the rough, sometimes they are just the backups.

I don't see Spielman leaving, the school records matter.  Where I would like to see us start winning is on the recruiting trail.  We should never be 6th in the Big 10.   We should always be in the top 3.

We will almost always finish 4th in recruiting each cycle just like we will this year. Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State will outrank us literally every single year. 

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Fru said:

I certainly see where you’re coming from, and I am by no means convinced that Chinander is the answer.

However it seemed his defense did give the offense more opportunities to score this year as opposed to 2018. Iowa is a perfect example. How many times did the D get the ball back for the offense, only for the offense to go three and out? D can only do so much. 

Iowa was a rare example of the defense making adjustments and playing better in the second half. But the Husker offense adjusted, too. They both came out with plans and motivation in the third quarter. Enough to give us hope.  In the end, as with other close  losses, the offense had the chance to put it away and the defense had the chance to put it away, but they didn't.

If we have to argue who was worse, the Nebraska offense or the Nebraska defense, then the terrorists will have won. 

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Undone said:

We'll get six wins next year in all likelihood. And I really doubt Minnesota beats out Wisconsin for the West title with Coan returning.

I feel Coan was actually pretty solid for Wisconsin this season. They seem to always plug and play but they lose their 4 best players after this year (2 on offense, 2 on defense). Gophers will return 9 players on offense 

2 hours ago, Undone said:

We'll get six wins next year in all likelihood. And I really doubt Minnesota beats out Wisconsin for the West title with Coan returning.

First, thinking that we will get 6 wins "in all likelihood" isn't based in reality.  Have you seen Nebraska football the last 2 years?

Second, Tanner Morgan > Coan.  Morgan was 6th in the nation in QB rating (180.4).

• Plus1 1