JD Spielman rumors

Red Five

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Well Fleck and his staff have shown more than Frost and staff thus far. I realize that Fleck is in his 3rd season compared to Frost in his second. 

I’ll bet a lot of teams would love to have JD.  Maybe he could play for something other than a 500 season.

Or maybe he doesn’t want to catch anymore hospital passes from A-Mart.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Well Fleck and his staff have shown more than Frost and staff thus far. I realize that Fleck is in his 3rd season compared to Frost in his second. 

While you're busy admiring the job Fleck is doing, Frost is taking top talent out of Minnesota.

Breathe man.......

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Alright posters in the know. I have an honest question.

What exactly does “not buying in” entail when it comes to a starter or major contributor?  

Not practicing hard?

bad attitude?

calling the coaches names?

Seriously. Why would they be getting playing time if they were somehow holding back the teams culture growth?

For now, I’m calling B.S. when it comes JD (or Domann) “not buying in”. 

• Plus1 2

28 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

What exactly does “not buying in” entail when it comes to a starter or major contributor?  

Not practicing hard?

bad attitude?

Seriously. Why would they be getting playing time if they were somehow holding back the teams culture growth?

I'm not really sure what it means. I stopped buying this after the first season when the players that wanted out, left. 

I will say, Frost's comments during interviews probably didn't help team chemistry. When watching the last four or five games, I definitely didn't get the feeling certain players weren't trying or were loafing around. Then again, I'm not an insider, so I don't know what was being said during practice or lifting. I can only go off what I saw on Saturdays. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

Not practicing hard?

bad attitude?

Easy excuse for a coach to get away with not blaming him or his staff for inherently idiotic game plans, lack of coaching, terrible clock management, terrible timeout management, not telling your team that running out of bounds is the dumbest thing you could ever do, not taking a player out who is clearly being a barrier to you succeeding.   The team didn't buy in enough to go find a kicker either, I mean if they bought it they would have made those kicks.  

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

https://hailvarsity.com/s/8478/getting-the-job-done-on-the-edge-mills-role-oscars-and-more

This article from Hail Varsity yesterday had a portion of it relating to JD. Goes into detail about on the field and off the field. SIAP.

from the article - 

“He is, in every sense of the word, a fantastic receiver.  But if he’s not involved, he fades. He goes off script. He looked like he was going through the motions at times against Iowa. “

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, WVhuskerXX said:

https://hailvarsity.com/s/8478/getting-the-job-done-on-the-edge-mills-role-oscars-and-more

This article from Hail Varsity yesterday had a portion of it relating to JD. Goes into detail about on the field and off the field. SIAP.

from the article - 

“He is, in every sense of the word, a fantastic receiver.  But if he’s not involved, he fades. He goes off script. He looked like he was going through the motions at times against Iowa. “

Ouch. Granted that was only a handful of plays, but it certainly illustrates how important perimeter blocking is and how lack of it can make the QB or play caller look bad. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, TheSker said:

While you're busy admiring the job Fleck is doing, Frost is taking top talent out of Minnesota.

Breathe man.......

Fleck has spanked the Big Red twice.  Also heading to a bowl once again.  Probably doesn’t lose a bunch of sleep over a kid who hasn’t signed on the dotted line yet

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Benhart is already on the roster.

Well considering he was always leaving the state I doubt he lost sleep.  And I was referring to Johnson.  And multiple schools being two(Minny and western Michigan) is still one more than Scotty. 

I guess PJ may start losing sleep coming up for bowl prep.  Poor guy