JD Spielman rumors

Red Five

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

I think the point is that might be one reason why he might be looking to leave.  Maybe he doesn't want to/feel like he should have to do that and, if the coaches are on him for it and possibly referencing him being someone who's not completely bought in, may be playing a role in why he's considering leaving.

FWIW, Callahan thinks it's pretty up-in-the-air as to whether he leaves or not.  His view is that this has come up to some extent for the last couple years.  So this really isn't anything new.

HOL guys don't think Domann is looking to leave, fwiw.

Doesn't help that his head coach said his team's confidence is fragile, and that's because that is what Riley left him. 

Don't think that doesn't play into whatever decision he makes somewhat.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Yes.  That would be an awful decision.  That's a lateral move, AT BEST and that's being very generous.

I had to see where Riley was currently.  He's now the OC for the XFL's Seattle Dragons.  Given the history of non-NFL pro football leagues in the U.S., at least Mike won't have a long drive down the west coast back to his home in Corvallis.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Doesn't help that his head coach said his team's confidence is fragile, and that's because that is what Riley left him. 

Don't think that doesn't play into whatever decision he makes somewhat.

The only ones that would be offended by that are the ones he's talking about so.....

• Thanks 4

Word is he probably isn't going to be able to graduate until a year from now.  So he can't be a graduate transfer for next fall.  And has already used his redshirt.  So the only possible hope he'd have of transferring is to get a waiver to be able to play next fall.  That's a pretty big risk.

Also, he is said to have had a "great talk" with Frost after the season.  

So it seems like this is probably much ado about nothing (shocking, I know).

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Word is he probably isn't going to be able to graduate until a year from now.  So he can't be a graduate transfer for next fall.  And has already used his redshirt.  So the only possible hope he'd have of transferring is to get a waiver to be able to play next fall.  That's a pretty big risk.

What is even more interesting is the fact that he can shatter records coming back for another year. I believe he is only 200 or so yards behind Stanley for career receiving yards at Nebraska. He can also be the first 3,000 yard receiver at Nebraska with around 450 yards. So if he wants to be in the record books, which is every athletes dream, he would stick around and get it.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Was that "great talk" something like :

JD: Coach u seriously gonna stick with Adrian?

Frost: No JD, i think we will go with Luke next year

JD: Ok i will stay.  P.S. this conversation never happened.  I room with the guy.

Frost: You got it bud.

???