JD Spielman rumors

Red Five

6 minutes ago, C N Red said:

Guy played out of position this year. Get him back to his regular position and he can put up his normal numbers. R-E-L-A-X

And if any of these rumors are true....piss on them guys. Get busy leaving, we have plenty of guys on the team now and coming in that want to play here.

If Domann leaves, I'D rather piss on some D coaches.  Clearly he was our best tackler and IMO best overall defender.  In fact, the only other time I saw other LB's make good textbook tackles was at the end of the Maryland game when Johnson and Reimer were in there.  

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Good Tweetman said:

Spielman either would go to the draft or stay. He gains nothing from transferring at this point.

Except playing for a school with conference or national championship aspirations. Spielman was lightly regarded out of high school, it’s his chance to be “recruited again” and end his career on a better team. 

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, C N Red said:

Cant believe so many still bagging on defense. The offense was by far the biggest reason for us sucking this year, with STs being a close second. Defense numbers better than last yesr, offense worse.

The offense did suck more and ST even more than the O, but I could bag on the coaches starting two ILBs and a certain OLB til the cows come home.  

I’ll play:

I can get going to Minnesota to be closer to home.  Especially if he doesn’t care about records.

If he were to transfer to increase draft stock and/or championship experience, why not go to OSU?  If he is NFL worthy in 15 months, OSU would find a place for him for one season,  NFL and collegiate success.

In the end, like always, its up to him.  I hope he stays because he makes the team better.  But I hope he is happy with his life!

55 minutes ago, lo country said:

I'm guessing it's a name that's come up before?  Did a telling post Iowa presser?

I just watched his post game interview and he certainly didn't hide his frustration.  Especially with that last pass play that set up Iowa's FG.  I'd say it was pretty fitting once again watching the ILB responsible for the coverage trailing about 5 yards behind with his guy wide open.  

5 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I just watched his post game interview and he certainly didn't hide his frustration.  Especially with that last pass play that set up Iowa's FG.  I'd say it was pretty fitting once again watching the ILB responsible for the coverage trailing about 5 yards behind with his guy wide open.  

I agree.  Basically, with our scheme and me watching Iowa film, we knew what the result would be.....sad. But Purdue called the same thing on their game winning TD.  Got to be frustrating to the kids to study film of an opponent and see a potential flaw in the defensive call.