JD Spielman rumors

Red Five

JD has every right to do whatever he wants.  He’s one of the biggest reasons we have any wins at all.  If you can’t respect that I don’t have anything to say to you.

His performance on the field was giving it all he had and that’s all I care about.  Including going up for adrians suicide balls across the middle repeatedly with no Fear.   You see bigger guys get scared and drop that all the time.  Not JD.  Too much of a fighter that one is.

• Plus1 3

On 12/1/2019 at 12:27 PM, Stumpy1 said:

JD isnt happy and is one of the " not buying in" players.  Wouldn't surprise me to see him test the NFL waters or be a Grad-transfer after May. 

I wouldn’t be happy either.  

He was getting destroyed by terrible passes at the beginning of the year.  Then the just forgot about him and went all Wandale.  Now the execution at QB makes it difficult to get him the ball.

He needs 7-10 touches.....Except on punt return.  The staff has wasted him this year.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I wouldn’t be happy either.  

He was getting destroyed by terrible passes at the beginning of the year.  Then the just forgot about him and went all Wandale.  Now the execution at QB makes it difficult to get him the ball.

He needs 7-10 touches.....Except on punt return.  The staff has wasted him this year.

Wasted him? He had almost 900 yds.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Love me some JD. Kid is a warrior and if the rest of our team played with his heart we'd be competing for B10 West already. That said, the staff didn't waste him this year. He ran routes on the majority of the snaps we had, he just isn't a stand alone threat. He's a great possession receiver but he can't get his own reliably enough w/o somebody else to take the heat off of him. There's a reason we were even able to "forget" about him and "focus" on Wandale and it's mostly because Wandale is able to reliably get open.  JD needs to do what is best for him but I really think what is best for him is a couple of other WR to step up next year and better QB play, stick around and star in the role he had when SM was here to draw defenders. Grass isn't always greener, don't go chasing waterfalls, and all that jazz. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

Wasted him? He had almost 900 yds.

I agree, he did not seem to have the impact, but at the end of the day it was a solid year, I'm thinking he will stay,  He doesn't have the extended family who could use the help and a strong year could up his stock, so why not stay and take one more shot at a good year. What I think, and  that + $3.00 will get you an overpriced coffee doesn't mean much,  but  I just figure for some the value of the NFL $$ is different than it is for others so perhaps he will stay.