2020 Husker Football Schedule

Mavric

• Mavric pinned this topic

1 minute ago, runningblind said:

They kept saying during the Iowa broadcast that the Minnesota games the next two years would still be on Black Friday, but the schedule says it will be the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  Is that definite or are there still talks of keeping the tradition going?

Huskers.com lists it as Friday

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got to say, I just don't like this season that's coming up. I mean to know that we'll only go 6-6 or 7-5 at best is pretty disheartening to say the least. We'll probably start off 7-0 but end up 7-5 due to that nasty back half of the schedule. But my prediction is that we start off 6-1 and end up 6-6. We're not beating Ohio State at Ohio Stadium. Penn State I predict to win the Big Ten and be in the playoffs this upcoming year. We aren't beating Iowa at Kinnick Stadium nor Wisconsin at Camp Randall. But maybe we might could steal a win against Minnesota in Lincoln at the end of the season perhaps but I wouldn't bet on it.

So I'm best off closing the door on being a Nebraska fan for the next few years until Frost gets this program to "watchable" level. I can't take this "living around bowl game level" type of Nebraska nonsense anymore. 

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

On 1/21/2020 at 4:50 AM, .1. said:

I got to say, I just don't like this season that's coming up. I mean to know that we'll only go 6-6 or 7-5 at best is pretty disheartening to say the least. We'll probably start off 7-0 but end up 7-5 due to that nasty back half of the schedule. But my prediction is that we start off 6-1 and end up 6-6. We're not beating Ohio State at Ohio Stadium. Penn State I predict to win the Big Ten and be in the playoffs this upcoming year. We aren't beating Iowa at Kinnick Stadium nor Wisconsin at Camp Randall. But maybe we might could steal a win against Minnesota in Lincoln at the end of the season perhaps but I wouldn't bet on it.

So I'm best off closing the door on being a Nebraska fan for the next few years until Frost gets this program to "watchable" level. I can't take this "living around bowl game level" type of Nebraska nonsense anymore. 

There is always hope to start the season.  Especially with a coach that we can be excited about.  I am more worried about the early games than the late ones.  If we start 6-1 or 7-0 , we can steal 1 or 2 against Minnesota or Wisconsin.  I am worried we could lose to Purdue, and maybe Cincinnati or even a team like SDSU.  IF we lose 2 or 3 of our first 7 , it could be the end of Frost, and the end of Nebraska football really.  We will lose all recruiting momentum.  The thing that worries me is Frost knows this and has got to be feeling the pressure in those opening games.  And with how tight Frost got against Colorado last year, in a game with far less pressure than the Purdue game will have this year, i just hope he doesn't get tight and in return, the team and QB also getting tight in respone to their leader.

Luke has always done well in pressure situations, and i just feel like he would thrive in that pressure, where as Adrian has seemed to really struggle under pressure.  I hope Adrian is a new man next year, but from what I've seen, i can't help but picture him choking against Purdue, and that game may define the season.

15 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

where as Adrian has seemed to really struggle under pressure.

I don't see this. Some of Adrian's best play last year was when the team was behind and under a lot of pressure. He started as a true freshmen after missing his senior year in HS which is a lot of pressure. You could say he struggled under the pressure of the preseason hype, but I don't think it was a pressure thing honestly.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric unpinned this topic