2021 Husker Football Schedule

Mavric

We will need at least a 2-2 start to have any hope at a bowl game this season. If that occurs it would mean needed wins against MSU, Northwestern, and Minnesota in the middle stretch and a 1 of 3 final stretch (OSU, Wisconsin, or Iowa).

If we are to miss a bowl game again this year, there is no doubt in my mind that this staff faces a make or break 2022.  We are exiting the shadow of past staff and personnel failures this year, so any suggestion that our failures now are attributable to the past, is a weak argument at best.  The current staff owns the strategic direction, the roster, and the game management responsibilities so let's hold them accountable for the results on the field.

3 hours ago, tmfr15 said:

There is a world where 2-10 seems like a real possibility for this program. Illinois beat us up last year. Oklahoma and then Michigan State, also on the road. Northwestern is a home game, but give us fits every year. And then the last six.... we could go 0-for-6 and not be real surprised. Some days, I am glad we aren't anywhere near fall yet. It's just too depressing to think about it.

If true, then almost guaranteed, bye-bye Frost.  However sold-out streak will continued .......

114-1147655_20180112-a-www-snowman-melti

Frosty the Snowman

26 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I guess the Little Sisters of the Blind were already scheduled for a Sept 4th tilt vs Wet Paper Bag U.

They replaced one FCS opponent with another FCS opponent, I am not sure what everyone was expecting with such a short notice. Fordham isn't a powerhouse by any means, but they have been in the FCS playoffs as recently as 2015 under Joe Moorhead. They also pulled off wins against Army (coached by Monken - yes I am still pissed about that one) in 2015 and Temple (coached by Matt Ruhle) in 2016. Admittedly both of those wins were over 2 win teams, both teams didn't turn the corner until the next season after losing to Fordham. 

That all being said, Fordham has struggled since Moorhead left after 2015. Perhaps SF saw how Army and Temple got much better the season after losing to Fordham?.................................................................

• Plus1 2

Illinois 60% win

Fordham 98%

Buffalo  80%

Oklahoma 10%

Michigan State 60%

Northwestern 55%

Michigan  45%

Minnesota 40%

Purdue 65%

Ohio State 10%

Wisconsin 35%

Iowa 45%

4-7 Win Team

I would be very happy to get to 7 wins and play well in a Bowl game to get this thing started back on the right path. 

• Plus1 2

Northwestern lost the most- on both a terrible offense and a very good defense. Always well coached and great special teams, a tough out, but pretty vulnerable this season. Should be a winnable game.

The transfer portal makes it tough to predict really well, you dont know who the QB will be- but it wont be Ramsey.  Michigan State also went deep into the portal, but had a lot of ground to make up.

If NU could somehow get to 5 wins in the first 6 games, it might be enough of a boost to make that bottom half killer schedule a little less daunting. 

• Plus1 1
On 5/4/2021 at 11:38 AM, tmfr15 said:

There is a world where 2-10 seems like a real possibility for this program. Illinois beat us up last year. Oklahoma and then Michigan State, also on the road. Northwestern is a home game, but give us fits every year. And then the last six.... we could go 0-for-6 and not be real surprised. Some days, I am glad we aren't anywhere near fall yet. It's just too depressing to think about it.

Sorry, not buying that... you have to get out and see some sunshine, buddy. 

Minimum of six wins, more likely 7-9. The defense alone should keep us in the mix for nearly every game this year. Need some of that Foreman/Peter Brothers killer instincts to take over but this team has enough talent to win the division... they just need to put it all together this season

• Mavric unpinned this topic