2021 Husker Football Schedule

Mavric

• 2 weeks later...

A few weeks ago, I thought it would be a two win season.  Now I think the only possible future win is Purdue but it’s not a given with this team.

We have good runners and receivers and a fair defense.  The team has improved this season but are still losers.

We also have weak offensive play calling, weak QB, poor kicker, poor tackling and an average, at best, offensive line.  
Based upon the team’s improved playing in the past month and our track record on head coach hires since Solich; Frost should probably could be retained but there must be some assistant coach changes and the addition of a special teams coach.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

On 10/16/2021 at 2:48 PM, URSS said:

A few weeks ago, I thought it would be a two win season.  Now I think the only possible future win is Purdue but it’s not a given with this team.

We have good runners and receivers and a fair defense.  The team has improved this season but are still losers.

We also have weak offensive play calling, weak QB, poor kicker, poor tackling and an average, at best, offensive line.  
Based upon the team’s improved playing in the past month and our track record on head coach hires since Solich; Frost should probably could be retained but there must be some assistant coach changes and the addition of a special teams coach.

After losing to Purdue in a game we should have won—- my earlier comments are still valid.  With a bye last week, the play was the same and Martinez made key mistakes that list this game.  He should be benched and start developing the QB for next year.  A new guy can’t do any worse now since I expect we will lose all remaining games.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Mavric unpinned this topic