2022 Husker Football Schedule

Mavric

Northwestern.png?width=80&height=80&mode Northwestern (in Dublin, Ireland) - August 27 - 11:30 - Fox

NorthDakota-FightingHawks.png?width=80&h  North Dakota - September 3 - 2:30 - BTN

Georgia-Southern.png?width=80&height=80&  Georgia Southern - September 10 - 6:30 - FS1

ou_logo_2.png?width=80&height=80&mode=ma Oklahoma - September 17 - 11:00 - Fox

Indiana-University.png?width=80&height=8   Indiana - October 1 - 6:00 or 6:30

Rutgers.png?width=80&height=80&mode=max @ Rutgers - October 7 - 6:00 - FS1

Purdue.png?width=80&height=80&mode=max @ Purdue - October 15

Illinois-Block.png?width=80&height=80&mo  Illinois - October 29

Minnesota.png?width=80&height=80&mode=ma  Minnesota - November 5

Michigan_GoldM.png?width=80&height=80&mo  @ Michigan- November 12

Wisconsin.png?width=80&height=80&mode=ma Wisconsin- November 19

uiowa.png?width=80&height=80&mode=max   @ Iowa - November 25 - 3:00 - BTN

Other Years: 2017, 2018201920202021202320242025

• Mavric pinned this topic

If the schedule is not set in stone then let's find different opponents than (2021) 5-6 FCS North Dakota and (2021)3-9 Sunbelt Conference Georgia Southern.  We have been told virtually every postgame "we are close" all season and have been trying to convince ourselves that single digit losses are somehow moral victories.  Instead of participation wins against the FCS and the Sunbelt lets see honestly and objectively what and where we are as a program (even if the truth hurts).  I for one say let's play someone more our size like someone out of the ACC such as NC State, Wake Forest or Clemson and/or an SEC school like Mississippi State, Arkansas or Tennessee.  If we are going to play against a lesser conference then bring on the best let's play Cincinnati.  We aren't going to be considered one of the top 5% of NCAA football programs nationally by beating smaller schools from lesser conferences.  We can get there by standing toe to toe with someone our own size. 

Convince me a 40 point win against the Sunbelts second to worst team Georgia Southern instantly makes us ranked 8th or higher nationally .... Change My Mind

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1
On 12/1/2021 at 2:07 PM, MdStine said:

If the schedule is not set in stone then let's find different opponents than (2021) 5-6 FCS North Dakota and (2021)3-9 Sunbelt Conference Georgia Southern.  We have been told virtually every postgame "we are close" all season and have been trying to convince ourselves that single digit losses are somehow moral victories.  Instead of participation wins against the FCS and the Sunbelt lets see honestly and objectively what and where we are as a program (even if the truth hurts).  I for one say let's play someone more our size like someone out of the ACC such as NC State, Wake Forest or Clemson and/or an SEC school like Mississippi State, Arkansas or Tennessee.  If we are going to play against a lesser conference then bring on the best let's play Cincinnati.  We aren't going to be considered one of the top 5% of NCAA football programs nationally by beating smaller schools from lesser conferences.  We can get there by standing toe to toe with someone our own size. 

Convince me a 40 point win against the Sunbelts second to worst team Georgia Southern instantly makes us ranked 8th or higher nationally .... Change My Mind

This makes no sense to me. Every program plays a couple lesser opponents as they try to get everything clicking at the beginning of the year. A couple wins over easy opponents isn't keeping Frost here. There are plenty of true measuring sticks on the schedule to determine if he stays or not. 

• Plus1 5

We were 1-9 against P5 opponents in 2021. With the player losses we are seeing on both defense and offense I think Frost will need all the help he can get just trying to get to 6-6 and a bowl. Throw out the FCS & Sunbelt and replace them with strong P5 like suggested and Frost's future looks even grimmer that it already does.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Bye Week before Michigan and Wisconsin.  Nice.

ND and Georgia Southern should feel like warm up games before OU.

Rutgers and Indiana back-to-back should be wins, no matter what.

This schedule really does look very favorable to get 7 wins or 8.

I just have a hard time thinking they get more than 5.  I hate admitting that.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, admo said:

Bye Week before Michigan and Wisconsin.  Nice.

ND and Georgia Southern should feel like warm up games before OU.

Rutgers and Indiana back-to-back should be wins, no matter what.

This schedule really does look very favorable to get 7 wins or 8.

I just have a hard time thinking they get more than 5.  I hate admitting that.

I have the same feeling. Much more favorable schedule but we are losing a ton of talent. Almost all new coaches on the O side but still same head man running the show. So many unknowns but the last 4 years have made me gun shy about expecting a winning season. Will we still find ways to lose games we should win or will things be different? Hard to believe they can continue to yank defeat from the jaws of victory forever but they keep coming up with new ways to lose.

And the bye weeks this year didn't do much good this year as we lost to Purdue and Wisconsin anyway.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I have the same feeling. Much more favorable schedule but we are losing a ton of talent. Almost all new coaches on the O side but still same head man running the show. So many unknowns but the last 4 years have made me gun shy about expecting a winning season. Will we still find ways to lose games we should win or will things be different? Hard to believe they can continue to yank defeat from the jaws of victory forever but they keep coming up with new ways to lose.

And the bye weeks this year didn't do much good this year as we lost to Purdue and Wisconsin anyway.

Yeah, I have predicted 8 wins for Huskers, 4 years in a row.  Eventually I need to stop touching a hot stove :)

Also thinking there might be a few ugly outcomes.  Lots of talent and experience is gone from a stout defense.  And offense - QB, 2 OL, TE Allen, WR Samori.

That's a lot of production and experience to replace.  I am glad the first 3 games are very favorable.  Although NW will be amped as us, and physical, so that could be very tough one out of the gate.  I'm sure they didn't like getting stomped by us. 

So maybe I should say 2 out of the first 3 games will be beneficial?

On 12/1/2021 at 6:37 PM, HS_Coach_C said:

This makes no sense to me. Every program plays a couple lesser opponents as they try to get everything clicking at the beginning of the year. A couple wins over easy opponents isn't keeping Frost here. There are plenty of true measuring sticks on the schedule to determine if he stays or not. 

Yeah I agree with you. That was probably the most ridiculous post I've ever seen on huskerboard it's one of those post that makes you think they need a minus one for. We have Oklahoma on our schedule, and look at some of the teams Alabama plays. 

Iowa State is the best team Iowa plays out of conference it hasn't been till very recently that they have been any good, and it's worked out well for them.

• Mavric unpinned this topic