2022 Husker Football Schedule

Mavric

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

FI6s78CX0AUgAo_?format=jpg&name=large

Those first 8, through September and October...if we aren't at least 6-2 things aren't going according to plan.  That is as easy a first two months as I have seen in a very long time, including OU at home who probably will take a step back with all they've lost and a new staff.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, runningblind said:

Those first 8, through September and October...if we aren't at least 6-2 things aren't going according to plan.  That is as easy a first two months as I have seen in a very long time, including OU at home who probably will take a step back with all they've lost and a new staff.

I agree.  The team has the chance to start the season off winning games and gaining confidence.  It has the chance to be what this team really needs right now.  If they can gain confidence that they can and will win games, when we get to the last 4 games, good things could happen.

• Plus1 1

Funny story - this strength of schedule mirrors 2019 (per Sagarin), which was Frost's best year at Nebraska at 5-7. No six-game losing streaks that year, (like we had in 2018 & 2021).

Just like 2019, we face seven bowl teams, who played a previous year's SOS in the 40s and who finished ranked in the 50s (average). Two opponents finished in the top ten each of those previous years. 

I see no reason to believe we can't achieve the lofty goal of five wins based on this schedule. How's our APR?

3 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'm sure there is zero chance I'll get any pushback on this, but those first 9 games look very winnable. :)

The question is can they actually win them? There wasn't a game in 2021 which they couldn't/shouldn't have won but they managed to find a way to lose all but NW, a G5 team and an FCS team. Will 2022 be different?

Ohio State actually gets Iowa and Wisconsin the same year??

Conveniently both at home I see.  One game early (Wisconsin), in beautiful warm weather. And also receiving a bye week before playing Iowa.  The Big Ten is so nice to them.  It's like they are their prized playoff puppy.  There's no earthly way they could have scheduled 3 straight games against Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan...  No way.  That would be a deliberately brutal thing to do to anyone.  It's Ohio State.  Spread those games apart.

/rant

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

North Dakota Fighting Hawks fan here.  Tickets just became available for our fans for the game against you guys on Sept 3rd.  Secured the max quantity (8) for our group.  Can't tell you how much myself and our group are looking forward to attending this game.  This will actually be my fist FBS game, and I can't think of a better location to attend my first FBS game than Memorial Stadium in Lincoln.  There are many places that have a great college gameday experience, but I don't think any compare to Nebraska Cornhusker Football!!

Looking for any advice you guys can give a first time attendee of a Nebraska football game.  Looking for any tips or suggestions for places to stay, places to eat, bars to go to, tailgate tips, etc.  Looking to make the most of this trip and definitely appreciate all information you can provide to make it great. Win (or most likely lose) I know this will be a great experience for North Dakota players and fans.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

On 1/31/2022 at 1:09 PM, FHawker said:

Hello,

North Dakota Fighting Hawks fan here.  Tickets just became available for our fans for the game against you guys on Sept 3rd.  Secured the max quantity (8) for our group.  Can't tell you how much myself and our group are looking forward to attending this game.  This will actually be my fist FBS game, and I can't think of a better location to attend my first FBS game than Memorial Stadium in Lincoln.  There are many places that have a great college gameday experience, but I don't think any compare to Nebraska Cornhusker Football!!

Looking for any advice you guys can give a first time attendee of a Nebraska football game.  Looking for any tips or suggestions for places to stay, places to eat, bars to go to, tailgate tips, etc.  Looking to make the most of this trip and definitely appreciate all information you can provide to make it great. Win (or most likely lose) I know this will be a great experience for North Dakota players and fans.

Only thing I’d truly advise is to pony up the money if you have a group and stay in the Haymarket or Downtown so you can walk to restaurants/bars/tailgates/the game and not have to worry about Ubering around everywhere. Will make a difference on gameday, especially if its an 11am kick

On 1/31/2022 at 12:09 PM, FHawker said:

Hello,

Welcome, enjoy, and I hope you like bacon & eggs.  It will probably be a 9AM kickoff. 

• Mavric unpinned this topic