2022 Husker Football Schedule

Mavric

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Is that really that amazing of a stat?  There are 5  P5 conferences.  We had 5 out of 20 of the top coaching staffs.  If they are all divided evenly, that would mean each conference would have 4 on the list.

Notre Dame included?  Would figure the land of 2 million dollar coordinators (SEC) would represent close to 8.  So that would leave 11 spots for 4 conferences. 5 is pretty good.  

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Huskers34 said:

The thing that keeps me up at night is the opening game losses.

This has been a troubling issue that also concerns me. To this point in HCSF's tenure they have only been able to win the opener in 2019 against a Sun Belt Conf. team that ended up 2-10.

NW was really bad last year and this should be a very winnable game for NU. But then I though the same thing last year when Illinois kicked our butts which I'm still have a hard time getting my head around.

49 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

This has been a troubling issue that also concerns me. To this point in HCSF's tenure they have only been able to win the opener in 2019 against a Sun Belt Conf. team that ended up 2-10.

NW was really bad last year and this should be a very winnable game for NU. But then I though the same thing last year when Illinois kicked our butts which I'm still have a hard time getting my head around.

I just want to go back in time and not cancel the Akron game. What does that do to his tenure?

50 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I just want to go back in time and not cancel the Akron game. What does that do to his tenure

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2022 at 12:12 PM, hskrfan4life said:

I just want to go back in time and not cancel the Akron game. What does that do to his tenure?

I legit think Frost would be at least .500 if the Akron game didn't get canceled. That set up a massive voodoo curse (or massive psychological hump) that we're still trying to shake.

I think with how well we played in the Colorado game, it's very safe to assume we would have beat Akron, and then beat Colorado the next week. Presumably Troy as well. With good momentum and confidence we easily could've flipped at least one of the NW/OSU/Iowa one possession games, which would've put us at 8-5 in year one. The rest could easily take care of itself.

• Haha 2
  • Mavric unpinned this topic