2022 Husker Football Schedule

Mavric

50 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I legit think Frost would be at least .500 if the Akron game didn't get canceled. That set up a massive voodoo curse (or massive psychological hump) that we're still trying to shake.

I think with how well we played in the Colorado game, it's very safe to assume we would have beat Akron, and then beat Colorado the next week. Presumably Troy as well. With good momentum and confidence we easily could've flipped at least one of the NW/OSU/Iowa one possession games, which would've put us at 8-5 in year one. The rest could easily take care of itself.

The Akron game getting canceled didn't keep him from hiring a ST coach until year 5, or hiring a mortgage banker to run the offense.  Hypotheticals are fun though, right?

• Thanks 1

On 5/6/2022 at 7:35 PM, runningblind said:

The Akron game getting canceled didn't keep him from hiring a ST coach until year 5, or hiring a mortgage banker to run the offense.  Hypotheticals are fun though, right?

Didnt they add a win over hapless Bethune Cookman?  That one shouldn’t count either imo.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On 6/21/2022 at 10:23 AM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Who could forget Nebraska's magical 7-0 start in 2016 under Mike Riley?

Oh. Right. Everyone. 

That year was frustrating for sure.  The narrative for that team would have been so different if they had been competitive against Ohio State and Iowa.  If we find a way to start 6-0 this year, I would be surprised if we lose any of the remaining games by a large margin like the 2016 team did.    

• 2 weeks later...

On 6/25/2022 at 4:29 PM, Mavric said:

I’m sure it’s just pure coincidence (ha ha).  Just reflects that the Bug Ten wanted NU for its fan appeal as when we joined it was a weaker league and needed a boost.  It’s been a fiscal win for the Ath Dept and Univ budget generally.  Didn’t hurt the academic reputation either although DONU is still not viewed all that highly either.  That could be a long long term climb.  The elites don’t bring many newbies in that club.   

If we can start winning, the tables will turn. If we start knocking off the top tier, they’ll duck us a little more often.  A big if but we got to hope!  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 4:43 PM, Lorewarn said:

With good momentum and confidence we easily could've flipped at least one of the NW/OSU/Iowa one possession games, which would've put us at 8-5 in year one. The rest could easily take care of itself.

‘Easily’…you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric unpinned this topic