2023 Husker Football Schedule

Mavric

54 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Nothing against them, Dad is friends with Barry Alvarez so nothing wrong with Wisconsin, I don't like PJ Fleck but I don't hate the Gophers.  Grew up in Indiana so there are many factors for me hating PU. lol.  

I agree, no hate with Wisconsin. But I got a wiener dog pet ....

(wiki source) .... The dachshund was developed to scent, chase, and flush out badgers and other burrow-dwelling animals. The name dachshund is of German origin and literally means "badger dog," from Dachs ("badger") and Hund ("hound, dog")

LOL !!

d44kys9-18f317ca-0217-403a-97f4-4fd99eac

The-Dachshund_art-e1476032969210.jpg

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
On 10/26/2022 at 11:38 AM, tmfr15 said:

Nebraska draws Michigan again, this time at home, and Michigan State on the road. 

Iowa draws at Penn State and home for Michigan State. They dodge Ohio State.

Since Nebraska joined the Big 10, the Huskers have played Ohio State eight times.

Iowa has played the Bucks just three times.

How is this fair at all?

It shouldn’t come as a surprise that Iowa has had their best decade as a football program. If there was any program set for success during this time, it was Kirky & son. Total coincidence that they only had to play the best conference team once every 3-4 years on average…

I like playing the big name programs, but as we are trying to get our own house in order, the conference could have done us a favor or two with scheduling at least once or twice in the past dozen years. I’d be surprised if we see USC & UCLA get the same multi-year gauntlet ahead. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

........ USC & UCLA get the same multi-year gauntlet ahead. 

Supposedly majority of PAC12 fans, players and coaches has been against the move to the B1G.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34883645/pac-12-commissioner-says-fans-not-favor-usc-ucla-move

Is it possible UCLA/USC wigs was wrong decision?  Reversible?

5 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Supposedly majority of PAC12 fans, players and coaches has been against the move to the B1G.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34883645/pac-12-commissioner-says-fans-not-favor-usc-ucla-move

Is it possible UCLA/USC wigs was wrong decision?  Reversible?

Well of course the rest of the conference is against it, they lose two of the largest cash cows. Much like the Big 12 is/was against Texas and Oklahoma leaving is upsetting the rest of their conference. UCLA & USC exchanged traditional "rivals" for a stable conference, relevant on a national scale. However, the money is the key factor for UCLA as staying in the Pac-12 was not a successful formula. For USC, in addition to the money, they gain more attention nationally than they were getting for playing the Oregon State, Arizona & Cal every year. Now their "brand" will be featured in Chicago, NYC and everywhere in between.

My curiosity is how the Big Ten will structure their "welcome" to the conference. For reference, here's how we were treated our first season in the league:

At Wisconsin

Ohio State

At Minnesota

Michigan State

Northwestern

At Penn State

At Michigan

Iowa

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Well of course the rest of the conference is against it, they lose two of the largest cash cows. Much like the Big 12 is/was against Texas and Oklahoma leaving is upsetting the rest of their conference. UCLA & USC exchanged traditional "rivals" for a stable conference, relevant on a national scale. However, the money is the key factor for UCLA as staying in the Pac-12 was not a successful formula. For USC, in addition to the money, they gain more attention nationally than they were getting for playing the Oregon State, Arizona & Cal every year. Now their "brand" will be featured in Chicago, NYC and everywhere in between.

My curiosity is how the Big Ten will structure their "welcome" to the conference. For reference, here's how we were treated our first season in the league:

At Wisconsin

Ohio State

At Minnesota

Michigan State

Northwestern

At Penn State

At Michigan

Iowa

More than half of those teams were pretty lame when we joined.  Some were average.  A few teams were kinda good  I mean, Even Ohio State went 6-7 the year after we joined.  Imagine that!.  Harbough wasn't around, nor PJ Fleck or Franklin at Penn State.  It was a super easy conference, totally.  

• Plus1 3
12 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

I agree, no hate with Wisconsin. But I got a wiener dog pet ....

(wiki source) .... The dachshund was developed to scent, chase, and flush out badgers and other burrow-dwelling animals. The name dachshund is of German origin and literally means "badger dog," from Dachs ("badger") and Hund ("hound, dog")

LOL !!

d44kys9-18f317ca-0217-403a-97f4-4fd99eac

The-Dachshund_art-e1476032969210.jpg

Dog history is TIGHT!!

• Mavric pinned this topic
  • Mavric unpinned this topic