2023 Husker Football Schedule

Mavric

15 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Sounds like the control freaks got their panties in a wad. 

More like they tried to move it to capitalize on the fact that people will actually watch their first few games and there's little competition for viewers in Week 0, and decision makers pointed out they don't let teams start early and play 9 straight weeks. It was dumb to leak it early, but I don't think it was happening either way. Deion is just used to things getting approved for him, like Colorado drastically altering their transfer requirements for him after specifically denying that to the previous coaches.

38 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

More like they tried to move it to capitalize on the fact that people will actually watch their first few games and there's little competition for viewers in Week 0, and decision makers pointed out they don't let teams start early and play 9 straight weeks. It was dumb to leak it early, but I don't think it was happening either way. Deion is just used to things getting approved for him, like Colorado drastically altering their transfer requirements for him after specifically denying that to the previous coaches.

The pac 12 doesn’t even have a schedule published beyond week 3, it’s all TBD and could be worked out yet. The bye week explanation is an easy out for good ol boys to gaslight and slap the wrist and put someone back in their place.

Is what Colorado allowing now a negative thing? 

Getting kind of tired of playing Wisc & Iowa back-to-back at the end of the year.  2021, 2022, 2023. 

In 2024 (tentatively) the Huskers will once again play Wisconsin in the final stretch of the season - being the 2nd to last or 3rd to last game of the year.... Which would be 5 out of 6 seasons straight.  :blink: Why?

That late November call weather game plays right into their style IMO.  Stupid Big Ten.

Also, would love to get Iowa on a 80-85 degree weather day.  Since we cannot do that, at least play Wisconsin in early October or some time warm out.

Does Michigan play Penn State and Ohio State back-to-back?  Ohio State play Penn State and Michigan back-to-back, year after year too?  

38 minutes ago, admo said:

That late November call weather game plays right into their style IMO. 

Wisconsin is modernizing their offense.  Got a QB (Mordacai from SMU) who can throw the ball around the yard (7000 yards and 70 TDs the last 2 years) and hired UNC's OC (309 pass yds/game, #11 pass offense in the country).

Maybe playing them late in November will be good?

• TBH 2
6 hours ago, Red Five said:

Wisconsin is modernizing their offense.  Got a QB (Mordacai from SMU) who can throw the ball around the yard (7000 yards and 70 TDs the last 2 years) and hired UNC's OC (309 pass yds/game, #11 pass offense in the country).

Maybe playing them late in November will be good?

Yes that is right.  And no disrespect, but I have been to several SMU games and seen Tanner Mordecai play.  I am very familiar with him and thought it was a great, great get by UW.  He's real good.  I am a bit envious.

I am sure Wisconsin will ditch the past and finally approach a real passing game (circa 2010 to present day).  It will mess with their traditional blocking scheme and dominating running backs IMHO.  

22 hours ago, admo said:

Getting kind of tired of playing Wisc & Iowa back-to-back at the end of the year.  2021, 2022, 2023. 

In 2024 (tentatively) the Huskers will once again play Wisconsin in the final stretch of the season - being the 2nd to last or 3rd to last game of the year.... Which would be 5 out of 6 seasons straight.  :blink: Why?

That late November call weather game plays right into their style IMO.  Stupid Big Ten.

Also, would love to get Iowa on a 80-85 degree weather day.  Since we cannot do that, at least play Wisconsin in early October or some time warm out.

Does Michigan play Penn State and Ohio State back-to-back?  Ohio State play Penn State and Michigan back-to-back, year after year too?  

Because the conference wants big matchups in November with the division on the line.  We simply have sucked. You should be mad at the Huskers, not the conference.  If we were good no one would care about stuff like this,  we'd look forward to it.

To be honest I really dislike whining about schedule or the refs,  that's weak sauce.  No offense. :lol: Control what you can control and handle your own business. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
  • TBH 2
21 hours ago, runningblind said:

Because the conference wants big matchups in November with the division on the line.  We simply have sucked. You should be mad at the Huskers, not the conference.  If we were good no one would care about stuff like this,  we'd look forward to it.

To be honest I really dislike whining about schedule or the refs,  that's weak sauce.  No offense. :lol: Control what you can control and handle your own business. 

I agree. If Nebraska had been even marginally good, playing Wiscy and Iowa back to back is nothing. They are not Michigan and tOSU.

On 1/13/2023 at 9:53 PM, admo said:

I am sure Wisconsin will ditch the past and finally approach a real passing game (circa 2010 to present day).  It will mess with their traditional blocking scheme and dominating running backs IMHO.  

This is my hope, that they change their style just enough that it breaks their OL/running game machine. This may be their Pederson/Callahan moment.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

On 1/26/2023 at 12:33 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Can we win this trophy back and kill it with fire? It's probably the ugliest and worst of the fake trophies. We legit have two natural trophies now in the $5BoBC and Bussin' Bowl trophies. The fake ones need to die.

• Mavric unpinned this topic