2023 Husker Football Schedule

Mavric

9 minutes ago, Ratt Mhule said:

Tuning into CU spring game. Is it me or does this look like a high school scrimmage? They are a pretty tiny team. Maybe its just me…

I'm not watching, but that is pretty typical if you're recruiting elite speed then the players will be smaller in stature.  Large athletes with elite speed are high 4/5 star guys and coveted by everyone.  We aren't getting those guys right now.  You either get size or speed in non blue chip recruits, not both. 

13 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I'm not watching, but that is pretty typical if you're recruiting elite speed then the players will be smaller in stature.  Large athletes with elite speed are high 4/5 star guys and coveted by everyone.  We aren't getting those guys right now.  You either get size or speed in non blue chip recruits, not both. 

Im mostly talking about the lines. 

• TBH 1

Minnesota looked good in what I saw of their spring game.  With half their staff leaving and losing a bunch of key players, I thought they might be in shambles and they just aren't. They seem to have replaced Ibrahim with a really solid young running back.  Their kicker is amazing.  They seem to be the same tough, physical team.  I think Vegas is right and for the third straight head coach we will start their tenure off with a loss.

On the bright side I was shocked at how bad Wisconsin looked.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Minnesota looked good in what I saw of their spring game.  With half their staff leaving and losing a bunch of key players, I thought they might be in shambles and they just aren't. They seem to have replaced Ibrahim with a really solid young running back.  Their kicker is amazing.  They seem to be the same tough, physical team.  I think Vegas is right and for the third straight head coach we will start their tenure off with a loss.

On the bright side I was shocked at how bad Wisconsin looked.

Minny was kicking indoors though, so take that with a grain of salt.

• 2 weeks later...

The schedule isn't "Wisconsin Easy" (who'd they bribe, anyhow) but it's still pretty favorable. I think to win 8+ Sims has to both stay healthy and improve on his play from Georgia Tech. I think he only has like 8 wins in his entire career at this point.

I mean we have 8 or 9 wins built into our schedule every year thanks to playing in the s#!tty B1G West (for one more year).  The problem is never the schedule being too hard, the problem is Nebraska sucking.  And until we prove that we can win games against those crap teams, then its asinine to predict 8 or 9 wins.

Nebraska since 2014 (1st year of East/West)

Illinois 5-4

Purdue 4-5

Northwestern 4-5

Minnesota 3-6

Iowa 2-7

Wisconsin 0-8

Overall 18-35 .334

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1

8 is high just because of history.  The poor play and close loses are now a part of the program culture.  This schedule is terrible and they should win 8 games.

I actually think they win 7 this year.  I think an improved culture will start to come through in tight games.  I wouldn’t be surprised by 8.  Unfortunately I wouldn’t surprised by 5 either.

I think the 2-3 win predictions are the ones that are “out there”.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
  • Mavric unpinned this topic