2025 Husker Football Schedule

Mavric

• 4 months later...

Apparently there are rumblings that Nebraska is working on a game to be played in Vegas.

HOL speculating that the Cincinnati game slot makes a lot of sense.  Either move that game to Vegas or drop that game (as they didn't play in Lincoln in 2020) and schedule a different opponent in Vegas.

• Oh Yeah! 1
22 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Apparently there are rumblings that Nebraska is working on a game to be played in Vegas.

HOL speculating that the Cincinnati game slot makes a lot of sense.  Either move that game to Vegas or drop that game (as they didn't play in Lincoln in 2020) and schedule a different opponent in Vegas.

That would be awesome!!!  I have heard that new Vegas stadium is pretty sweet!

I'd rather see them drop Cincinnati and schedule an FCS team or another lower tier G5 team. Assuming Fickell is still coaching there, they will more than likely be a top #25 team. Not what NU needs since they will be in the middle of the rebuilding phase (hopefully). Take the SEC route and schedule pansy OOC games since with the new B1G we'll have our hands full and with USC & UCLA coming in it won't be getting any easier. Thirty year ago I would have thought this laughable but this is the new reality.

• 7 months later...

Word is the Huskers were looking into getting out of the Cincinnati game - since the first scheduled game with them in 2020 didn't happen - and replace it with a game against Washington State in Las Vegas.  But that is now off the table and Cincinnati will remain on the schedule.

11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Word is the Huskers were looking into getting out of the Cincinnati game - since the first scheduled game with them in 2020 didn't happen - and replace it with a game against Washington State in Las Vegas.

Sounds like a Moos/Frost thing.

Although I would love a Husker game in Vegas.  Hell I think the B1G should have UNLV join just to give their fans an awesome road trip every 2 or 3 years.

On 11/4/2022 at 8:40 AM, Mavric said:

I assume Allegiant Stadium.  September 13 2025, Saturday, Bengals @ UNLV. Conflict. Could be Friday night.  Only thing, short week.

https://fbschedules.com/2025-unlv-football-schedule/

https://fbschedules.com/2025-nebraska-football-schedule/

https://fbschedules.com/2025-cincinnati-football-schedule/

• 4 months later...

This is just stupid. This will be five out of six years our opening game is away from Lincoln against a Power-5 opponent. 

An astute reader on the twitter caught this:

Like Cincinnati, Nebraska also has two other non-conference games on their schedule for 2025. The Cornhuskers are slated to host the Akron Zips on Sept. 6 and the ULM Warhawks on Oct. 18 that season.

However, either the Akron game or ULM game will be rescheduled for a future season or canceled. FBSchedules.com has learned that Nebraska has added a home game versus the Houston Christian Huskies on Sept. 13, 2025, which will take the place of one of those two contests.

• Plus1 1