Play of the Decade for the Huskers?

Mavric

As far as "best" play it's gotta be the Hail Mary. Rare as hell, actually won us the game, and we weren't a dogs#!t team. 

Ameer's McNeese catch and score is up there.

Westerkamp behind the back is up there too, that was the top play on Sportscenter for months.

T-Mart's first third quarter 80 yard quarterback draw on 3rd and 10 against Kansas State is a big one. 

Kenny Bell's block was a bigger play in the sense of being remembered and immortalized more than Taylor's run in that championship game. 

My vote is for a strictly designed, perfectly executed play from 2011.  Sadly it is from another bad day but it was awesome.   Losing 31-10 with a minute left in the third at Michigan, the Triple option play where TMart ran zone read with a give to Rex who pitched to Ameer on a second option.

Favorite part was it left Urban(was the color guy for ABC) speechless and amazed.  A quality play and design that Beck in his first year as OC maybe showed once or twice more in his tenure.

Yes not the fanfare of others mentioned, but arguably the best play design, call and execution

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

My vote is for a strictly designed, perfectly executed play from 2011.  Sadly it is from another bad day but it was awesome.   Losing 31-10 with a minute left in the third at Michigan, the Triple option play where TMart ran zone read with a give to Rex who pitched to Ameer on a second option.

Favorite part was it left Urban(was the color guy for ABC) speechless and amazed.  A quality play and design that Beck in his first year as OC maybe showed once or twice more in his tenure.

Yes not the fanfare of others mentioned, but arguably the best play design, call and execution

:thumbs

Did you see the Texans ran something similar tonight against the Pats?

4 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

I liked Armstrong’s run against Oregon, mostly cuz I was there lol. What an amazing atmosphere. That stadium was HYPE. 

I’d rather say some of the defensive stops against Miami were great plays. Gregory making sacks and tackles. We just had to win that game, since we played bowl games in their stadium for 20 yrs. They finally came north and we won. We had to win in our house!! And we did. 

overall, the Ameer catch/run was the best single play. The Westerkamp catch was the most amazing/unbelievable v Northwestern 

my totally fav play was Burkhead juking the OSU defender in the flat to score and marshall in the biggest comeback in history. 

22 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

If we're going this direction, I'd say that Shawn Watson has two very memorable ones for me.

One was the pistol formation play action post to Kyler Reed. Instant touchdown every time we ran it, and Kyler rarely had anyone within 10 yards of him. 

The other was a Helu run play that was almost sort of a counter (Martinez would turn left from the snap but turn all the way around to hand it to Helu running right behind pulling linemen). At least two times (Washington and Missouri) we ran that play the first play on a drive after we had scored and got the ball back and Helu never got touched.