An Interesting Take on Husker Progress

Just now, alexhortdog95 said:

Chimander may have.  I've never seen that guy coach.  Chinander?  Nope.  It's obvious he's in over his head.

Those are the stats but you like to ignore those.

1 minute ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Chimander may have.  I've never seen that guy coach.  Chinander?  Nope.  It's obvious he's in over his head.

So did the defense allow less points this year than last or not?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

?????? What are you saying??? Ppg allowed 

2017-36.4

2018-33.3

2019-27.8 

Chimander only has control over one side of the scoreboard and he improved that side

Charlie strong must be a bad coach he jumps around alot

Charlie Strong was at Louisville.  He went 37-15 with two conference titles, and 3 bowl wins.

He took on a major reconstruction job at Texas.  Unfortunately, it's Texas, and they think $$$ buys everything, including wins.

So they fired him.  Then, he went to USF, where he went 10-2, 7-6, and 4-8.  He was 0-3 against UCF.

Ask a rival coach what happens when you go 0-for against another hated rival.

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

None of this even matters lol Chinander ain't getting fired or made Co DC so you can either get over it now or you can get over it later 

You keep saying that.  You also keep flaming other posters because they don't line up with your mindset of what is going to/should happen.

All I'm asking you to do is back up your posts with the receipts you claim are there.

2 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Charlie Strong was at Louisville.  He went 37-15 with two conference titles, and 3 bowl wins.

He took on a major reconstruction job at Texas.  Unfortunately, it's Texas, and they think $$$ buys everything, including wins.

So they fired him.  Then, he went to USF, where he went 10-2, 7-6, and 4-8.  He was 0-3 against UCF.

Ask a rival coach what happens when you go 0-for against another hated rival.

Wow who does that sound like?

You keep saying that.  You also keep flaming other posters because they don't line up with your mindset of what is going to/should happen.

All I'm asking you to do is back up your posts with the receipts you claim are there.

What makes you think he is gonna get fired? I could pose this same question to you

The receipts are we are better in PPG allowed and total defense. Again if you can find me an example of a DC being fired in year 2 after doing that maybe I'll change my tune but I don't believe it's out there.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Wow who does that sound like?

What makes you think he is gonna get fired? I could pose this same question to you

SIGH....

I started out my post by saying "DON'T FIRE THE GUY."

I ended my post by saying, "Get him some help."

Again, you are hell bent on this narrative of yours, that I just don't understand where it comes from.

SIGH....

I started out my post by saying "DON'T FIRE THE GUY."

I ended my post by saying, "Get him some help."

Again, you are hell bent on this narrative of yours, that I just don't understand where it comes from.

Ok that's fine but we aren't going to do it. Its not a bad idea but it's not going to happen. What evidence do you have that it will? You keep asking me for that but you keep making these completely baseless claims. You are free to do that, I'm just being realistic, something you refuse to do.

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Ok that's fine but we aren't going to do it. Its not a bad idea but it's not going to happen. What evidence do you have that it will? You keep asking me for that but you keep making these completely baseless claims. You are free to do that, I'm just being realistic, something you refuse to do.

LOL, I quoted you a fact that there's a team right now in Columbus FREAKING Ohio doing EXACTLY what I suggested.

Know who else has a co-defensive coordinator right now?

Alabama.

Kentucky.

Know who ELSE have been co-defensive coordinators at one point in their career?

Dave Aranda,  Current LSU D-Coordinator

Luke Fickell, Current Cincy Head Coach (was twice Co-D Coordinator at OSU under two NC winning head coaches)

Nick Saban, Former D-Coordinator under Bill Belichick (c'mon, do you think he'd allow Nick to call all the Defenses himself), and this century's gold standard of college football coaching success.

See, just because you think something isn't a good idea (and it's been proven in the past to be successful with some guys) doesn't mean it shouldn't be done.

• Haha 1
Just now, alexhortdog95 said:

LOL, I quoted you a fact that there's a team right now in Columbus FREAKING Ohio doing EXACTLY what I suggested.

Know who else has a co-defensive coordinator right now?

Alabama.

Kentucky.

Know who ELSE have been co-defensive coordinators at one point in their career?

Dave Aranda,  Current LSU D-Coordinator

Luke Fickell, Current Cincy Head Coach (was twice Co-D Coordinator at OSU under two NC winning head coaches)

Nick Saban, Former D-Coordinator under Bill Belichick (c'mon, do you think he'd allow Nick to call all the Defenses himself), and this century's gold standard of college football coaching success.

See, just because you think something isn't a good idea (and it's been proven in the past to be successful with some guys) doesn't mean it shouldn't be done.

I didn't say I didn't think it was a good idea. I literally said it's not a bad idea which in my language means it is a good idea but I just really really don't think we are going that route this season. That isn't my opinion on what we should do, it's my read on what we are going to do. All of my comments are in that context.

Try reading this: https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/18/bill-belichick-nick-saban-friendship-relationship-patriots-alabama-browns

They were two assistants from opposing teams, planning to spend the weekend discussing the intricacies of the Cover-2 defense. The rendezvous might have gotten either man fired had their bosses found out about it, so it was conducted with a stealth more befitting of the military academy down the road. “We kind of had a secret mission,” says Saban, “to go where nobody would expect us to be.”

This was before they worked together; before they competed against one another; before they each built a program that became the only contemporary analog for success of the other. Saban has since won six national titles, one at LSU and five at Alabama; Belichick is trying for his sixth Super Bowl ring with the Patriots. Their secret mission turned into one of the most significant friendships in football, one based around the very thing that brought them to that hotel in West Point: the realization that they didn’t have all the answers, and a shared obsession to find them. “We are like we are because of that,” says Saban. “We’re always trying to learn, to improve the way we do things.”

Later in the article...

There’s a tinge of irony in hearing Belichick say, “it wasn’t like we were giving away any big state secrets,” considering the way his Patriots guard information. But this was hardly a recon operation; it was much more two coaches learning from each other’s experiences. Belichick had spent many of his years with the Giants coaching linebackers; Saban, who played defensive back at Kent State, had focused on the secondary. Belichick was something of a Cover-2 savant, developing a sophisticated version with the Giants, later referred to as the Belichick-2; Saban favored press man-to-man. They talked about the keys they teach their defenders to read against certain offenses; Saban had more familiarity with the increasingly popular run-and-shoot offense.

33 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

You keep misrepresenting other people's points way past what they actually said/meant. Nebfanatic didn't, nor did anyone else, say that it was a bad idea or that it shouldn't be done. Just that it won't be done, because of obvious reasons. 

Over and over again you keep responding to people with left field arguments that have nothing to do with what they're talking about or what they said. Stop doing that, it's called strawmanning. 

• Thanks 4

I think Strong would be an amazing hire as an analyst. Actually a fair possibility of something like that happening since he could probably use a career rehabbing assignment.

Making someone a co-DC is something that might happen down the road, but it would most likely come from an internal promotion. It’s a way to keep a guy on staff by giving them a nice title for their resume + perhaps a salary bump + some added responsibility. We may have to name Fisher co-DC/passing game coordinator to keep him here for an extra year for example since he’s quickly becoming a hot commodity.

• Fire 1

How is the OP an "interesting take" on the Huskers progress?  Isn't this just more of the same old sh#t we've been seeing hereabouts for the last few weeks?

It's obvious Frost did not lose the team as prior coaches did so that is just a ridiculous point to debate. And that leaves the "is Frost good enough" discussion which has been sufficiently hammered on by some, particularly the OP. It all strikes me as just another opportunity for a handful of posters to piss and moan about Frost because season number 2 didn't rise to anyone's expectations. Interesting? Not in the least.

• Plus1 2
44 minutes ago, Landlord said:

You keep misrepresenting other people's points way past what they actually said/meant. Nebfanatic didn't, nor did anyone else, say that it was a bad idea or that it shouldn't be done. Just that it won't be done, because of obvious reasons. 

Over and over again you keep responding to people with left field arguments that have nothing to do with what they're talking about or what they said. Stop doing that, it's called strawmanning. 

And what are the obvious reasons.  That's what I keep asking, and I'm not getting an answer to that.

P.S. - Nebfanatic responded to my post, not the other way around.

P.P.S. - I'm strawmanning, eh?

Person 1 = Me
Person 2 = Nebfanatic

• Person 1 makes claim Y. (I make a plug for Charlie Strong being D-Coordinator here.  A plug i.e., a recommendation)
  • Person 2 restates person 1’s claim (in a distorted way). ("It's less that and more it's not gonna happen this year so I don't know why you keep bringing it up as if it is the make or break point for this program.")
  • Person 2 attacks the distorted version of the claim. ("This isn't my opinion, I'm just telling you what is actually going to happen and that is Erik Chinander will be our DC next year.")
  • Therefore, claim Y is false. (But I'M the one strawmanning here.....)

:facepalm: