Jackson, KDavis & CDavis Selected for Shrine Bowl

Mavric

12 hours ago, SFW said:

3 NFL DL’s and an early round DB, that will be hard to replace.

The slight improvement on D this year will be hard to follow next year.

2 hours ago, SFW said:

Are you saying there’s evidence that we will improve at LB?  

All I know is that we lose experience at LB.

I get that experience can be hard to replace and I'm not saying that we will, but you have the consider the following. We lost Darrion for stretches of various games and Damion, Ty and Green seemed to fill in pretty well. Another off season and they can hopefully replace him at least with rotation. One Khalil/Carlos is replaced by a senior Stille who was already a costarter. Also, we went games without Khalil and Carlos and I don't remember a major drop off. Braxton Clark filled in well at CB and gets another off season plus a hopefully healthy Cam and Williams allows him to play mostly corner along with Bootle to replace LJ. So, I think their is experienced depth on the team as well to replace those 4.

We do lose experience at LB, but it's mostly just one. I love Barry and the heart and fire he played with in his career, but he probably isn't irreplaceable. We get back both Honas and Miller who played together often when Barry was off the field. I don't think many would argue that losing Alex Davis is hard to replace as Nelson has a year of experience and another off season to do just that.

We definitely lose experience and some possible NFL guys, but I think we have some experienced depth and talent to help minimize the impact of losing guys.

• Plus1 1