JUCO ILB Eteva Mauga

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

41 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Mauga commit?

• Nebraska
    • San Diego State
    • South Alabama

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, bugeater17 said:

Very solid film! Will need to work on disengaging from blocks (when someone can get their hands on him). But has a natural ability to shoot gaps and timing, coupled with great closing speed. REALLY want this kid after watching that film. 

Out run the block! jk

but yeah some additional weight would be nice. 

15 minutes ago, CAHusker said:

T Farley was about 6'1 205.  Probably the two most talented and instinctive linebackers I have ever seen play at Nebraska.

Add in Demorrio Williams and Barrett Ruud.  I think they were both on the lighter side during their Nebraska playing days 

The speed linebacker is one of the things that took the defense to the next level in the 90s.

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

One thing I noticed about this cycle of juco players is athleticism and quick twitch ability. Maybe they aren’t every down players but this is the type of player you need for depth and special teams. I’d take a lot of these guys over Honas and anybody who can contribute in kick coverage 

Honus was highly thought of when we landed him and his film was pretty good.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, huskerfan702 said:

One thing I noticed about this cycle of juco players is athleticism and quick twitch ability. Maybe they aren’t every down players but this is the type of player you need for depth and special teams. I’d take a lot of these guys over Honas and anybody who can contribute in kick coverage 

Terrible take, imo. Honas had some of the best/explosive/athletic tape coming out of JUCO I've seen. Iowa and Wisconsin agreed. 

• Plus1 7
1 hour ago, Warrior10 said:

Terrible take, imo. Honas had some of the best/explosive/athletic tape coming out of JUCO I've seen. Iowa and Wisconsin agreed. 

I wish I had the proof but I never was much of a fan just didn’t post back then. His biggest strength I could see was he either studied tape or was had good instincts. 

15 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

I wouldn't say athletic, but he def looked better than what he has here. WI and IA wanted him bad. I asked in the S&C thread - how much do we focus on flexibility with Duval?

31 minutes ago, Snowbird said:

I was Impressed with honas in the iowa game. Made some great plays. Hopefully it starts clicking 

Injury and acclimation to D1 have caused slower progression than anyone would have thought or hoped for. I think he'll be one we'll be fairly comfortable with there next year. Might even be one we miss after he's gone. Ideally those young guys behind him are ready to go next year or the following year but I think Honas will be a good LB for us in his final year. 

I don't see Muaga fitting that role but he definitely would play a key role in this defense in a different spot.

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to JUCO ILB Eteva Mauga