JUCO ILB Eteva Mauga

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

41 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Mauga commit?

• Nebraska
    • San Diego State
    • South Alabama

This poll is closed to new votes

23 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

2 for 2 guy who will be here in the Spring.

Mauga-Clements will have three years to complete two years of eligibility and the commitment is the latest twist for the American Samoa native who has had an unlikely two years in the junior college ranks. Mauga-Clements showed up in California at 165 pounds and a shade under 6-feet. During those two seasons in California, he grew nearly three inches and put on 50 pounds of weight. 

Mauga-Clements began his career in the junior college ranks in the secondary, but grew into an aggressive linebacker, who had 23 tackles for loss and seven sacks as a sophomore. Mauga-Clements will play inside linebacker at Nebraska, where he will add depth, while also handling running backs and tight ends in coverage. 

6 hours ago, Mavric said:

I don't know that they're holding kids back from announcing.  I think the odd thing with Hodge is we had one spot for a JUCO ILB and took the commitment from Hodge but then decided we liked Mauga better.

I don't think it's that odd. IMO Mauga is definitely a better fit and has a higher ceiling that Hodge. It's unfortunate for Hodge if he thought hsi spot was solid but I doubt he pulled the trigger on a public commit without knowing where he stood. Grades were also an issue, right?

Luckily he's got a couple new offers since then so it seems like he'll find a good fit somewhere.

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO ILB Eteva Mauga