JUCO OLB Niko Cooper

Mavric

1 hour ago, spurs1990 said:

Yes but point still stands. Nelson has a big role but otherwise we have a lot of unknowns. If they think this guy is better and can give a shot in the arm to the defense for 2 years then could still be worth it.

As long as there’s room and the spot isn’t taken by another good player at another position. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, spurs1990 said:

Yes but point still stands. Nelson has a big role but otherwise we have a lot of unknowns. If they think this guy is better and can give a shot in the arm to the defense for 2 years then could still be worth it.

I like Nelson, great energy, Nebraska kid, but hes not the most talented kid in the world. He should be a solid backup, but we need better talent starting in front of him. If we can get a guy with close to similar energy but better talent, then weve got something.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, C N Red said:

I like Nelson, great energy, Nebraska kid, but hes not the most talented kid in the world. He should be a solid backup, but we need better talent starting in front of him. If we can get a guy with close to similar energy but better talent, then weve got something.

I think in a perfect world he would get bigger and become a DE. That’s where I think he could be a difference maker.

• Plus1 1

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO OLB Niko Cooper