JUCO OLB Niko Cooper

Mavric

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

I would guess he'd be likely to commit if he could.

But I'm not sure he's got the green light yet.

Yeah, seems like a lot even though it is a position of need. If Fong is right with the other predictions (Johnson and Butler), add that to Gunnerson and Aho and that's a lot of OLBs. Wouldn't mind it since Cooper is probably the best equipped to contribute right away though.

5 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Yeah, seems like a lot even though it is a position of need. If Fong is right with the other predictions (Johnson and Butler), add that to Gunnerson and Aho and that's a lot of OLBs. Wouldn't mind it since Cooper is probably the best equipped to contribute right away though.

Considering we have Tannor and Nelson that played a lot last year and are still around for at least two more years, Alston and Graham on campus already, Gunnerson committed, are after Johnson and Greene and already have one JUCO in Aho, I can't imagine we're taking another JUCO unless we miss out on Johnson and Greene.

39 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Considering we have Tannor and Nelson that played a lot last year and are still around for at least two more years, Alston and Graham on campus already, Gunnerson committed, are after Johnson and Greene and already have one JUCO in Aho, I can't imagine we're taking another JUCO unless we miss out on Johnson and Greene.

Perhaps they expect someone to leave. If Alston /Graham left I wouldn’t be mad at all 

On 12/13/2019 at 3:08 PM, Ziebol said:

Curious to you are cutting bait with these two already?

Late timing on this but I just think we have better options incoming. Alston wasn’t a very impressive guy enrolling at NU. If he couldn’t contribute on special teams or with how bad our OLBs played this year...pretty telling. Not to mention that he got passed up by a true freshman. 

And I think Graham was a project to begin with. Coming out of high school he wasn’t crazy fluid, natural, or flashy. He was just athletically superior to a bunch of high school kids. I think we took Graham because he was the best blank canvas we found still left that was interested. Hopefully, he can contribute but bringing in this many guys like Aho & Cooper (potentially), among others I’m not too hopeful he’ll have the chance. At least not for 2-3 years. 

this isn’t meant to be negative or to downplay these kids but I just think this room is getting MUCH better. That’s a good thing!

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Decked said:

Late timing on this but I just think we have better options incoming. Alston wasn’t a very impressive guy enrolling at NU. If he couldn’t contribute on special teams or with how bad our OLBs played this year...pretty telling. Not to mention that he got passed up by a true freshman. 

And I think Graham was a project to begin with. Coming out of high school he wasn’t crazy fluid, natural, or flashy. He was just athletically superior to a bunch of high school kids. I think we took Graham because he was the best blank canvas we found still left that was interested. Hopefully, he can contribute but bringing in this many guys like Aho & Cooper (potentially), among others I’m not too hopeful he’ll have the chance. At least not for 2-3 years. 

this isn’t meant to be negative or to downplay these kids but I just think this room is getting MUCH better. That’s a good thing!

Graham will contribute next year.  The coaches absolutely love his athletic ability and he has the body type that they want for an OLB.  

I bet Alston gets moved inside before it's all said and done.   

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m assuming that if Johnson commits, this kid is on the outside looking in?

Would that depend on if they think those young guys could contribute immediately or need time to groom? If they need time and this guy could come in and play immediately, maybe he's a take?

Edit: I don't think that highly of this prospect but if he can do something immediately then take him and run.

1 hour ago, spurs1990 said:

Would that depend on if they think those young guys could contribute immediately or need time to groom? If they need time and this guy could come in and play immediately, maybe he's a take?

Edit: I don't think that highly of this prospect but if he can do something immediately then take him and run.

Remember that we got a few good LBs last year too. 

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO OLB Niko Cooper
  • seaofred92 pinned this topic