WR Alante Brown

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

43 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Brown commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't think Nebraska is any position to turn down 4 star receivers. If they all want in, I would take them and boot guys out to make room. 

Also, I have no inside knowledge to this, but my gut feeling is that the guys they brought in last year aren't going to cut it, and Nebraska at least in the short term, is not in a place to wait. 

• Plus1 5
1 hour ago, Vince R. said:

I don't think Nebraska is any position to turn down 4 star receivers. If they all want in, I would take them and boot guys out to make room. 

Also, I have no inside knowledge to this, but my gut feeling is that the guys they brought in last year aren't going to cut it, and Nebraska at least in the short term, is not in a place to wait. 

You don't have good feelings about Nance and Houston? I had heard Nance was doing well on scout team

48 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

You don't have good feelings about Nance and Houston? I had heard Nance was doing well on scout team

I'm guessing the concerns stem from how pitiful our WR play was this year and that none of them were able to contribute. 

Fair or not, i'm not sure.... but there are TrFr WR's contributing much more all over the country than our three did. 

• Plus1 2
24 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Jamie Nance

I had the most hope for Jamie because I can see on tape that he has a high ceiling. He was hardly filled out, has good height, fluid, and can run. My issue with his development is that he had a ton of time to get on the field and couldn't. Considering where Nebraska was with skill players (depth & ability), having 9 months to get physically and mentally ready for 4 games, I was disappointed. Not incredibly disappointed but I expect more from a decently rated skill player with that kind of time. 

Demaryion Houston

I loved his junior tape from an explosion standpoint, but I thought you could clearly see what the knee injury did to him in his senior film. His routes in high school were incredibly basic and when you tie in the learning curve, he may need additional time. If he can shake off the knee injury, and find his most explosive self, then I will have more optimism.

Darien Chase

I know Darien has upside and good size. He looks bigger than he's listed which is good. I just don't know what his ceiling is from an athletic standpoint. I don't like how he runs, and it seems to take him some time to accelerate. This could improve of course, and I don't think he's a bad player or prospect. 

One of the things that I keep thinking about is how the offense is not going to get by with developmental guys in the skill positions. They're going to have to flash immediately or else you will have years like we did this past year. I do want these three players to succeed, however I do think Nebraska has recruited over them. Also, with the 4 game rule, I am disappointed that they didn't take full advantage of it. These guys got a lot of time to get something figured out and they couldn't; meanwhile our back up qb is running routes and catching passes on a whim. You can make this about evaluation or development, but in the end you could argue that their first year was pretty underwhelming. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
51 minutes ago, macroboy said:

Wait, so we already don't have good feelings about players that red-shirted, that we really know nothing about, that we aren't even supposed to have expectations of yet?

You better believe that this staff has high expectations of their freshman. Miles Jones felt that big time.

• Mavric pinned this topic