A tale of two Frost seasons per NU's B1G game stats

beorach

2 hours ago, Toe said:

I get that you're cherry-picking one single stat out of many to fit your narrative, sure.

Here, since you like them so much, have some other cherry-picked stats: #116 in red-zone conversion, #99 in 4th-down conversions, #86 in sacks allowed, #82 in passing offense.

And you are happy with ANY of these..??  thanks for proving my point...

2 hours ago, Toe said:

Seriously, I can understand being critical of the defense, but I really don't get how some of you are so damn blind to the fact that the offense was just as bad, and arguably even worse.

#71 scoring offense, #66 scoring defense.

No one is saying the offense is not bad, but the offense scored enough points to win a few more games... The problem was the defense allowed bad teams to score more...  Pretty simple..!

On 12/3/2019 at 4:22 PM, Toe said:

TLDR: The defense improved a bit while the offense took a nosedive, but people still wanna blame Chinander...

Just because the defense numbers look slightly better does not mean that the defense was great. Far from it. I believe that all three phases of the game took a couple of steps back from the team that finished the season last year. Being slightly better than horrible is still bad. All three phases must improve drastically if we are to even be competitive with next year’s schedule.

• Plus1 2