DE Tobechi Okoli [Auburn Commit]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

24 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Okoli commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

I have said this before. He is the #1 target on our defensive board. 

Pair him with Tobin(who is underrated) and a solid NT and that is a wrap for the D-line class. I also think it is important we lock up the KC area because they have tons of talent that we have not taken recently. 

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...

• Mavric changed the title to DE Tobechi Okoli [Auburn Commit]
29 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Tuioti has been abysmal.

I would disagree with abysmal but there is room for improvement. With that said I feel pretty good with Robinson, Newsome, Black, and the Polar Bear who are all RS Fresh or Fresh. 

Also, have to look at roster balance as we have 6 D linemen as Juniors, which most recruits will look at when evaluating/comparing schools. We need a true NT in this class and at least one 4* in the group of D linemen. 

11 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

I would disagree with abysmal but there is room for improvement. With that said I feel pretty good with Robinson, Newsome, Black, and the Polar Bear who are all RS Fresh or Fresh. 

Also, have to look at roster balance as we have 6 D linemen as Juniors, which most recruits will look at when evaluating/comparing schools. We need a true NT in this class and at least one 4* in the group of D linemen. 

JUCO guys = held. Nash was already signed, sealed, & delivered. Black is an average get let’s be real. 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Decked said:

JUCO guys = held. Nash was already signed, sealed, & delivered. Black is an average get let’s be real. 

Robinson? I agree Tuoti has a lot to prove especially with recruiting, but it's also possible no d-line coach was going to get Okoli here. Auburn has been unreal as far as get DL to the NFL, so while this one stings it probably has more to do with our recent history as a program than a specific recruiter. And I'm sure we'll keep on him, if there's a season and our line improves maybe the things we do have (proximity, coaches, playing time) swing him back this way.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Decked said:

Yes, I get that the JUCO guys are heavily Held guys and I agree Nash was heavily recruited/reeled in by others (including Frost). But I disagree with Tuioti as being abysmal, and it is tough to evaluate when we have 13 scholarship guys on the D line right now due to spots available to be allocated to the Dline. If he swings and misses and doesn't get one of Wilkins, Buckley, Tobin, and Mokofisi then I will be concerned (I get that Tobin appears to be a plan B also).

11 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Robinson? I agree Tuoti has a lot to prove especially with recruiting, but it's also possible no d-line coach was going to get Okoli here. Auburn has been unreal as far as get DL to the NFL, so while this one stings it probably has more to do with our recent history as a program than a specific recruiter. And I'm sure we'll keep on him, if there's a season and our line improves maybe the things we do have (proximity, coaches, playing time) swing him back this way.

Robinson was not recruited by Tuioti 

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, Decked said:

Robinson was not recruited by Tuioti 

Ah right, I was a year off - my bad. In any case, I can see why Auburn would be tough to pass up right now. Tuoti has a lot to prove, but I'm willing to give him a little more time before writing off his recruiting ability. Especially because Frost did show that he's willing to make changes on the staff when things aren't working.