Nostalgia

While having lunch, I’m watching an ESPNU throw back Thursday... it’s Nebraska vs Texas in the infamous big 12 championship game.   Just watching some of the defensive (not offensive on that team) players just makes me miss that dominance.   

I often forget just how good that defense as a whole was and chalk it up to Suh carrying that team.   Gomes, Hagg, Dennard, prince.... man I would love to have a def niece dominate team like that again.  So fun to watch.  

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Sker fer life said:

Loved watching suh toss around McCoy like a sofa cushion.

Henry kicked the fg, didn’t blow any kisses to the other team..... kunalic just kicked it out.... something he never did.   It’s time to turn it off and go back to work. I can’t watch the ending lol

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

Gomes, Hagg, Dennard, prince.... man I would love to have a def niece dominate team like that again.  So fun to watch.  

Gomes was excellent and probably a pretty underrated part of the team. Basically every blackshirt was a good player that year. If I remember right, he was a JUCO pick-up. 

We need a guy like that on this team. He was fast and physical.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Huskinator said:

While having lunch, I’m watching an ESPNU throw back Thursday... it’s Nebraska vs Texas in the infamous big 12 championship game.   Just watching some of the defensive (not offensive on that team) players just makes me miss that dominance.   

I often forget just how good that defense as a whole was and chalk it up to Suh carrying that team.   Gomes, Hagg, Dennard, prince.... man I would love to have a def niece dominate team like that again.  So fun to watch.  

Ive watched that game more than any other for exactly this reason.   

2 hours ago, Huskinator said:

I would love to have that scheme back as well..

• Plus1 1