Nebraska players face 2.5 year suspension for sexual misconduct

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28231756/nebraska-players-face-ban-sexual-misconduct?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

According to the report, Hunt, LeGrone and the woman each said Hunt and LeGrone had sex with her; however, they disagreed as to whether the sex was consensual. For example, the woman said that, at one point, Hunt put a blanket over her head to obstruct her view of LeGrone, according to the report. LeGrone said he asked if he could join in sexual activity with the woman, and that she said, "OK," but Hunt contradicted his teammate and told the investigator LeGrone did not ask to have sex with her, according to the report.

• Plus1 2

Sooooooooooooo many things wrong with this right now, but I need to parse my words carefully...

The university's investigation report states that the first respondent, Hunt, said he invited the woman over to his apartment via SnapChat and told her he wanted to have sex.

Show the SnapChat log.

The woman said she told Hunt she didn't want to have sex with him, and that he agreed they could just hang out, according to the report.

:confucius

According to the report, Hunt, LeGrone and the woman each said Hunt and LeGrone had sex with her; however, they disagreed as to whether the sex was consensual. For example, the woman said that, at one point, Hunt put a blanket over her head to obstruct her view of LeGrone, according to the report. LeGrone said he asked if he could join in sexual activity with the woman, and that she said, "OK," but Hunt contradicted his teammate and told the investigator LeGrone did not ask to have sex with her, according to the report.

What the hell went on in this apartment?!?

• Plus1 1
Just now, alexhortdog95 said:

Also - WTF is a 2.5 year suspension?

Never heard of that before.

That's how much time the woman has until she graduates. The ruling is intended to give her time to complete her studies without fear of interaction with the men.

After this, they are free to try to come back to UNL.  Although I can't imagine they'd be welcomed back. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, alexhortdog95 said:

Also - WTF is a 2.5 year suspension?

Never heard of that before.

The article made it sound like it's the length of time until the woman involved graduates? Although I don't know if that would be extended if she took an extra year, or what happens if she leaves. I dunno. Like Minnesota_Husker said though, probably the least of their problems.