Nebraska players face 2.5 year suspension for sexual misconduct

Just now, Husker in WI said:

The article made it sound like it's the length of time until the woman involved graduates? Although I don't know if that would be extended if she took an extra year, or what happens if she leaves. I dunno. Like Minnesota_Husker said though, probably the least of their problems.

Shouldn't these guys be gone?  Not trying to convict the young men (or victim shame the young woman) here, but Isn't Frosty the same guy who was benching players last year for stupid stuff, and basically removed Washington from the team?  That pales in comparison to this one...

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

That's how much time the woman has until she graduates. The ruling is intended to give her time to complete her studies without fear of interaction with the men.

After this, they are free to try to come back to UNL.  Although I can't imagine they'd be welcomed back. 

That makes this look so awful, the suspension bit.  Suspended indefinitely, that's a better look, here.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Shouldn't these guys be gone?  Not trying to convict the young men (or victim shame the young woman) here, but Isn't Frosty the same guy who was benching players last year for stupid stuff, and basically removed Washington from the team?  That pales in comparison to this one...

That makes this look so awful, the suspension bit.  Suspended indefinitely, that's a better look, here.

Suspended indefinitely from the team.

Suspended 2.5 years from UNL. No guarantee they will be allowed back at the university.

• Plus1 3

5 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Didn't Frost basically kicked them off the team based on the feedback he initially received?  I don't see what Frost did wrong here?

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2
3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Can’t we just boot these knuckleheads from the program and be done with it. Frost seems to give these dudes a lot of unnecessary leeway. Move on from these two and Washington - let them have their 2nd and 3rd chances elsewhere.

Frost suspended Hunt and Legrone immediately and removed them from all team activities.  I am sure Frost will kick them off the team once the University gives official word of the 2.5 year suspension from the school.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, knapplc said:

The assault happened August 25th. I presume some initial investigation was done after she reported it (maybe the next day, 8/26?) and it was announced they were off the team on 8/28.

That's decently quick action, I'd say.

Exactly!!  Frost made swift action to remove them from the team this year, with the status after this year dependent on the school's findings.  I don't get the criticism towards Frost.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Exactly!!  Frost made swift action to remove them from the team this year, with the status after this year dependent on the school's findings.  I don't get the criticism towards Frost.

I just hate the terms like basically and pretty much. Just boot them and get rid of the distraction completely. It’s unnecessary to even have the possibility of a return to be on the table.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm struggling to figure out what, exactly, he did wrong here as well.

I guess there's some people who hate any kind of due process. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I just hate the terms like basically and pretty much. Just boot them and get rid of the distraction completely. It’s unnecessary to even have the possibility of a return to be on the table.

Frost booted them from the team for this year, waiting to get the final word from the University.  The University has spoken, and I'm sure there will be an announcement from the Athletic Department of the players' official status shortly.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

When reached Thursday by Outside the Lines, Hunt's attorney, Carlos A. Monzon, said: "This is a clear case of institutional racism. A young man that has done nothing wrong versus a university that has denied him even the statement of those who accuse him. Parents should be afraid and mindful of the institutions we entrust our children to."

Hmm that's a new one for sexual assault defense.