Nebraska players face 2.5 year suspension for sexual misconduct

1 minute ago, alexhortdog95 said:

I'm probably getting all worked up at the headline in the ESPN article.

Because ESPN isn't about sensationalizing an article for clicks....

The wording of the headline is very misleading.  The University has kicked them out for 2.5 years, thereby having them kicked off the team for AT LEAST that time period.  The Athletic Department will probably be announcing the players' immediate removal from the team forever.

24 minutes ago, PoloWearingBeaver said:

When reached Thursday by Outside the Lines, Hunt's attorney, Carlos A. Monzon, said: "This is a clear case of institutional racism. A young man that has done nothing wrong versus a university that has denied him even the statement of those who accuse him. Parents should be afraid and mindful of the institutions we entrust our children to."

Hmm that's a new one for sexual assault defense.

So you were there then?

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, PoloWearingBeaver said:

When reached Thursday by Outside the Lines, Hunt's attorney, Carlos A. Monzon, said: "This is a clear case of institutional racism. A young man that has done nothing wrong versus a university that has denied him even the statement of those who accuse him. Parents should be afraid and mindful of the institutions we entrust our children to."

Hmm that's a new one for sexual assault defense.

You can use that as a defense for anything these days. The fact that they both had two different retellings of the events tells me all I need to know about who's guilty here. 

• Plus1 1

19 minutes ago, Street Novelist said:

I just read the report. If true, then it's rape. She said to stop and they didn't.

Agreed, and the characterization of the incident in the story seemed odd.

Only thing I can think of is they're not calling it rape because there haven't been formal charges yet?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Fire 1
36 minutes ago, Street Novelist said:

I just read the report. If true, then it's rape. She said to stop and they didn't.

Yep. She sure was dumb for going over there if she had concerns beforehand. Why didn’t she excuse herself from the room before it got to that point? Was she threatened or restrained from leaving? Could text friends she didn’t like what was going on but didn’t text asking for help? Sure would like to see a copy of those texts. 

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

That's how much time the woman has until she graduates. The ruling is intended to give her time to complete her studies without fear of interaction with the men.

After this, they are free to try to come back to UNL.  Although I can't imagine they'd be welcomed back. 

Thanks. I was wondering why it was 2.5 too. 

21 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

Yep. She sure was dumb for going over there if she had concerns beforehand. Why didn’t she excuse herself from the room before it got to that point? Was she threatened or restrained from leaving? Could text friends she didn’t like what was going on but didn’t text asking for help? Sure would like to see a copy of those texts. 

Doesn't really matter what she texted or who she called. She said no. The fact that she reported it to police immediately after is a pretty surefire sign that she didn't want what happened to happen. 

Was she dumb for going? Probably should've thought it through more as to what exactly she expected to do there but still doesn't excuse the players.