Nebraska players face 2.5 year suspension for sexual misconduct

3 hours ago, FearAmeer said:

You can use that as a defense for anything these days. The fact that they both had two different retellings of the events tells me all I need to know about who's guilty here. 

Um hunts was, at least by the article pretty close to what the girl stated.  The only fact he disputes, and it’s a biggie, is he put a blanket over her eyes while legrone dame in.  But yeah let’s take a big ole dookie on due process.

1 hour ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Doesn't really matter what she texted or who she called. She said no. The fact that she reported it to police immediately after is a pretty surefire sign that she didn't want what happened to happen. 

Was she dumb for going? Probably should've thought it through more as to what exactly she expected to do there but still doesn't excuse the players.

Actually, she didn’t say “no”.  I’m not saying hunt and legrone are innocent but no where in the article did it say she said no after they went in the bedroom

9 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Your user name is perfect for your response

Was anything I said incorrect?  Didn’t think so.  And I’ll say again, it doesn’t mean one or both of them are innocent.  Hunts account, minus one significant statement, aligns with hers almost 100%.  But do go on, I mean don’t let facts get in the way, much more fun to run with speculation and emotion.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, N is for nowledge said:

Um hunts was, at least by the article pretty close to what the girl stated.  The only fact he disputes, and it’s a biggie, is he put a blanket over her eyes while legrone dame in.  But yeah let’s take a big ole dookie on due process.

I'm all for due process. It's just of my opinion that the fact that Legrone and Hunt's statements differed, they are definitely lying in my eyes. Whether the court sees that or not remains to be seen, they are smarter than me at it but this is a public forum where we state our opinions and have discussions hence my comment.

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, FearAmeer said:

Legrone and Hunt's statements differed, they are definitely lying in my eyes

I'm 99.99% ready to agree with this EXCEPT for the fact that they deserve due process.

It doesn't look good for them. But let's let the legal process play out. Guys twice their age flub up official testimony all the time. And these guys are athletes, not politicians.

The truth will out. Let's let it come out before going too far with the torches and pitchforks.

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'm 99.99% ready to agree with this EXCEPT for the fact that they deserve due process.

It doesn't look good for them. But let's let the legal process play out. Guys twice their age flub up official testimony all the time. And these guys are athletes, not politicians.

The truth will out. Let's let it come out before going too far with the torches and pitchforks.

Again, based on the limited information in the article hunt seems to be pretty close to the women’s account, minus one big item.  Legrone lied at first only opening up later and still differs on several items with both the female and hunt.  I agree with the legal process as much more of the story will be told to the investigators and prosecutors, and potentially a jury.  Hopefully for all involved they get it right.

48 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Football is a privilege, and the one thing they've proven is they are poor decision makers. The law will figure itself out, but they can go ahead and play football elsewhere.

“And I’ll tell you this right now — if there’s anything negative about women, if there’s anything racial or about sexuality, if there’s anything about guns or anything like that, we’re just not going to recruit you, period. Piece of advice for you — what you put on social media, that’s your résumé to the world. That’s what you’re trying to tell the world you’re all about. That’s how you’re advertising yourself. Be smart with that stuff.”

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, N is for nowledge said:

Actually, she didn’t say “no”.  I’m not saying hunt and legrone are innocent but no where in the article did it say she said no after they went in the bedroom

Actually, she did. Based on that article (the only info available to us right now), it was stated that she didn't want that contact she received and told Hunt so before even arriving at the apartment. Her immediate reaction after the event was to report it to the police. She didn't run to the media or file a lawsuit before reporting to the police... to me, that indicates that she felt violated.

Based on the football staff's immediate action, they clearly thought there was enough smoke to suspend both players.

• Fire 2
8 hours ago, N is for nowledge said:

Again, based on the limited information in the article hunt seems to be pretty close to the women’s account, minus one big item.  Legrone lied at first only opening up later and still differs on several items with both the female and hunt.  I agree with the legal process as much more of the story will be told to the investigators and prosecutors, and potentially a jury.  Hopefully for all involved they get it right.

8 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Football is a privilege, and the one thing they've proven is they are poor decision makers. The law will figure itself out, but they can go ahead and play football elsewhere.

“And I’ll tell you this right now — if there’s anything negative about women, if there’s anything racial or about sexuality, if there’s anything about guns or anything like that, we’re just not going to recruit you, period. Piece of advice for you — what you put on social media, that’s your résumé to the world. That’s what you’re trying to tell the world you’re all about. That’s how you’re advertising yourself. Be smart with that stuff.”

I may have come across as hedging on whether they should be on the team. To be clear, they should not, ever. 

• Plus1 2

What is the hubbaballoo about? Frost kicked them off the team as far as he could without allegations fully being verified. Imagine if this was a Cephus situation and Frost just booted them never to return, that isn't fair. I think this was handled as well as it could have been. And @PoloWearingBeaver, there are many many cases of people of color wrongfully being convicted of sexual assault, alot of times racism is involved so yea, I'd say that is a valid defense. In this case I'm not sure it applies but let's not act like that doesn't happen because it certainly does.

• Plus1 3

Also why is Legrone walking in and asking if he can dip his stick in too....like dude plenty of women in Lincoln that would chase your jersey no need to sword fight with your teammate. Regardless I have no issue with the way Frost handled it as he did it perfectly in my opinion. Suspend from all activities as soon as you are notified by the university then see the universities ruling. 

• Plus1 1