Nebraska players face 2.5 year suspension for sexual misconduct

58 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

What is the hubbaballoo about? Frost kicked them off the team as far as he could without allegations fully being verified. Imagine if this was a Cephus situation and Frost just booted them never to return, that isn't fair. I think this was handled as well as it could have been. And @PoloWearingBeaver, there are many many cases of people of color wrongfully being convicted of sexual assault, alot of times racism is involved so yea, I'd say that is a valid defense. In this case I'm not sure it applies but let's not act like that doesn't happen because it certainly does.

There really shouldn't be any. Frost immediately removed them from the team, and the University conducted a Title IX investigation and concluded that they should be removed from campus. Their due process hasn't been violated, as there have been no official charges brought against them. 

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, KCBuc said:

Yep. She sure was dumb for going over there if she had concerns beforehand. Why didn’t she excuse herself from the room before it got to that point? Was she threatened or restrained from leaving? Could text friends she didn’t like what was going on but didn’t text asking for help? Sure would like to see a copy of those texts. 

This is called victim shaming. She doesn't have to leave, she doesn't have to be restrained or threatened or do any of that s#!t. This is on the same line as saying she wore those clothes so she was asking for it. She made it clear before she even came over that she didn't want to do anything and they violated that it really doesn't matter what actions she did or didn't take. It's not her fault in the slightest and implying so is stupid.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
17 hours ago, PoloWearingBeaver said:

When reached Thursday by Outside the Lines, Hunt's attorney, Carlos A. Monzon, said: "This is a clear case of institutional racism. A young man that has done nothing wrong versus a university that has denied him even the statement of those who accuse him. Parents should be afraid and mindful of the institutions we entrust our children to."

Hmm that's a new one for sexual assault defense.

The race card play was inevitable.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

This is called victim shaming. She doesn't have to leave, she doesn't have to be restrained or threatened or do any of that s#!t. This is on the same line as saying she wore those clothes so she was asking for it. She made it clear before she even came over that she didn't want to do anything and they violated that it really doesn't matter what actions she did or didn't take. It's not her fault in the slightest and implying so is stupid.

Also, so many are so quick to absolve some stupid decisions players make using the idea that they are 18-21 and lack solid adult judgement at that age but want to act like women of the same age demographic are sage and should have all of life's experiences and wisdom tucked under their hats. Women at 18 are just as inexperienced at adult life as men. It's actually surprising any of us make it out alive. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Also why is Legrone walking in and asking if he can dip his stick in too....like dude plenty of women in Lincoln that would chase your jersey no need to sword fight with your teammate. Regardless I have no issue with the way Frost handled it as he did it perfectly in my opinion. Suspend from all activities as soon as you are notified by the university then see the universities ruling. 

"It ain't no fun...." 

3 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

What is the hubbaballoo about? Frost kicked them off the team as far as he could without allegations fully being verified. Imagine if this was a Cephus situation and Frost just booted them never to return, that isn't fair. I think this was handled as well as it could have been. And @PoloWearingBeaver, there are many many cases of people of color wrongfully being convicted of sexual assault, alot of times racism is involved so yea, I'd say that is a valid defense. In this case I'm not sure it applies but let's not act like that doesn't happen because it certainly does.

Maybe I missed it, haven't dug into any articles about this, but just from thinking about it I can surmise that Frost had a chat with them and walked away from it of the mind that he needed to remove them post haste.  I hope that is the case, and if it is my respect for him goes higher;  he sees the importance of public perception, and yes we often have the accused convicted long before any court processes;  we do it all the time. 

T.O. had a pretty idealistic view of all this, remember?  He felt that if the accused were given a special chance then that is all that's needed to get them on the path to redemption and the glories ahead.  Lawrence Philips proved him wrong (these two are not in the genre at all of that guy, but it's the pitfalls of redemptive idealism I'm thinking about in all this). 

We need to continue to hold our representatives, including student athletes, to a very high standard here at Nebraska.

48 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Also, so many are so quick to absolve some stupid decisions players make using the idea that they are 18-21 and lack solid adult judgement at that age but want to act like women of the same age demographic are sage and should have all of life's experiences and wisdom tucked under their hats. Women at 18 are just as inexperienced at adult life as men. It's actually surprising any of us make it out alive. 

giphy.gif

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Also why is Legrone walking in and asking if he can dip his stick in too....like dude plenty of women in Lincoln that would chase your jersey no need to sword fight with your teammate.

To build off this; threesome's involving you, and two other women, are much more fun than "sword fighting".... This is important stuff

• Plus1 2

The attorney for #Huskers football player Andre Hunt said today his client will appeal the 2.5-year suspension he faces for allegedly violating the school's sexual misconduct policy and will "more than likely file a lawsuit against the university" as well

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/teams/football/husker-football-player-accused-of-sexual-assault-will-appeal-university/article_882406f2-af38-530d-b2cb-5e624acffe0a.html

57 minutes ago, PoloWearingBeaver said:

The attorney for #Huskers football player Andre Hunt said today his client will appeal the 2.5-year suspension he faces for allegedly violating the school's sexual misconduct policy and will "more than likely file a lawsuit against the university" as well

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/teams/football/husker-football-player-accused-of-sexual-assault-will-appeal-university/article_882406f2-af38-530d-b2cb-5e624acffe0a.html

A lawsuit which he will lose.....