Nebraska players face 2.5 year suspension for sexual misconduct

Pretty obvious once they were notified by UNL that they would be suspended that they would transfer, especially with no charges. They will find a home quickly, especially Hunt. 

I hope he files a lawsuit for the reason to prove that his comments regarding NU are baseless. Wouldn’t mind seeing NU counter sue this attorney at the same time. 

Throwing the racism card at a higher education institution should be fought hard by NU. 

2 hours ago, PoloWearingBeaver said:

The attorney for #Huskers football player Andre Hunt said today his client will appeal the 2.5-year suspension he faces for allegedly violating the school's sexual misconduct policy and will "more than likely file a lawsuit against the university" as well

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/teams/football/husker-football-player-accused-of-sexual-assault-will-appeal-university/article_882406f2-af38-530d-b2cb-5e624acffe0a.html

There is really no value to this blowhard attorney making these kind of statements publicly, except to make yourself and your client look like a$$h@!es.

Said Monzon, "Our position is that we're going to file an appeal (to the suspension) and more than likely file a lawsuit against the university."

The attorney said it was still undecided what kind of lawsuit would be filed, but it could be for libel or violation of his client's civil rights. "Definitely, we're going to do something about it," Monzon said.

If you are going to file a lawsuit, you should probably have an idea of why, before you start lobbing empty threats. :lol:

Monzon said Friday that he had not yet seen the report and expressed outrage that he has not been provided the evidence on which the suspensions are based.

Oh, so you are making these outrageous public threats and victim blaming, but you haven't even read the damn report? 

Monzon, Hunt's attorney, said Friday that it's his understanding that no charges will be filed. "If the county attorney has not filed it by now, it's because he doesn't have the evidence," Monzon said.

Or, the complainant did not want to file charges and subject herself to a criminal trial, which would be very long and difficult. In any event, the fact that criminal charges have not been filed yet is completely irrelevant to the school's Title IX investigation. It's a different process.

“We maintain that (LeGrone) did nothing wrong,” Long said Thursday. “He’s innocent, and he looks forward to clearing his name someday.”

Long said that LeGrone has the right to appeal the university’s proposed actions by next Friday.

Long said he is still discussing with LeGrone whether to file an appeal.

So if he's completely innocent, why would you publicly say that you aren't sure if you will file an appeal?

My professional conclusion from all this, is that these attorneys are dumbasses, and UNL likely took care of business appropriately.

• Plus1 2

Lots of assumptions and speculation here. Who leaked the Title 9 resolution, that’s confidential? The leaked details could not possibly be all the evidence as they’re not sensical.  Someone leaked with a purpose. 

and I disagree with the assumption that she’s not pressing criminal charges because she would have to take the stand.  Why wouldn’t she want the monsters that raped her to be locked up? They’re just suspended from school now and she could likely see them around town. I’m sure she has plenty of time on the statue of limitations, but wouldn’t you notify the police and the university? Actually, I would think you would notify the police first and then the university under the advice of an attorney. 

2 hours ago, Slow yer Roll said:

Everyone knows how to get a girl in your room at Lincoln..........

Grease her hips.

You might have Lincoln cofused with Des Moines. :D

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, krc1995 said:

and I disagree with the assumption that she’s not pressing criminal charges because she would have to take the stand.  Why wouldn’t she want the monsters that raped her to be locked up? They’re just suspended from school now and she could likely see them around town. I’m sure she has plenty of time on the statue of limitations, but wouldn’t you notify the police and the university? Actually, I would think you would notify the police first and then the university under the advice of an attorney. 

My understanding is that she notified the police first who quickly informed the coaching staff & admins about the issue. As far as the criminal charges part, she may be working through those options and weighing pros/cons as she would likely be exposed publicly. 

6 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

My understanding is that she notified the police first who quickly informed the coaching staff & admins about the issue. As far as the criminal charges part, she may be working through those options and weighing pros/cons as she would likely be exposed publicly. 

Any idea who leaked the information? Does either party have anything to gain from leaking or is this just an individual in the  know violating everyone’s confidentiality because they can 

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

Any idea who leaked the information? Does either party have anything to gain from leaking or is this just an individual in the  know violating everyone’s confidentiality because they can 

Negative, are you referring to police sharing the information with the university athletic department or the university's banning of the two players as the leak? 

My personal hunch is that it's a complicated situation where the victim proved to be very trustworthy from the start and her word carried more weight than the players differing accounts. 

1 hour ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Negative, are you referring to police sharing the information with the university athletic department or the university's banning of the two players as the leak? 

My personal hunch is that it's a complicated situation where the victim proved to be very trustworthy from the start and her word carried more weight than the players differing accounts. 

No- I'm thinking either one of the players or the girl's side leaked for some reason, although I can't even imagine why that would be beneficial. I thought the details leaked were odd tidbits maybe leaked for a purpose.   It could also some be some ashat that was privy to the information and enjoys leaking info for power.

And my personal hunch is her attorney didn't think the case would prove the beyond a reasonable doubt standard, but would the preponderance standard.  But we shall see, I think this is not over yet. 

22 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

And my personal hunch is her attorney didn't think the case would prove the beyond a reasonable doubt standard, but would the preponderance standard.  But we shall see, I think this is not over yet. 

Could be any number of sources for the details. 

I think you're right on this not being over. There is probably some shady area where she may have consented to activity A but not to parts B, C, etc. Not a good look for anyone involved