Nebraska players face 2.5 year suspension for sexual misconduct

6 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I could be misunderstanding, but I think the new reports have come in after the 8/25 incident went public. 

Not uncommon to have the confidence to come forward when you see others doing it as well. I believe these women and hope they get justice. 

I'm not implying that you thought otherwise, that's just my personal opinion on these matters. 

Which would/could absolve people in the program from knowing that it was going on, as horrible as that sounds to type. 

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I could be misunderstanding, but I think the new reports have come in after the 8/25 incident went public. 

Not uncommon to have the confidence to come forward when you see others doing it as well. I believe these women and hope they get justice. 

I'm not implying that you thought otherwise, that's just my personal opinion on these matters. 

It sounds like once the word got out of Hunt and Legrone after the 8/25 incident, additional women went to the University and LPD to report similar events.  Unfortunately, it's difficult for Frost and the AD to dole out punishment if victims don't come forward and report the incidents.  At this time, I don't see anything which would show that Frost knowingly kept these guys on the team under the allegations against them.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It sounds like once the word got out of Hunt and Legrone after the 8/25 incident, additional women went to the University and LPD to report similar events.  Unfortunately, it's difficult for Frost and the AD to dole out punishment if victims don't come forward and report the incidents.  At this time, I don't see anything which would show that Frost knowingly kept these guys on the team under the allegations against them.

Finding out who the other player is will be telling. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I didn't read things as there was "another player".  I read the complaint as it being Legrone and another person/player (which is most likely Hunt).

The fact that all other reports name Hunt/LeGrone specifically would imply that one is different player. The call out others naming "both men," so I don't know why they would say that for those reports and just use "another player" in the other. Unless the report itself didn't identify the "other player," but that seems unlikely.

16 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The weird thing is that the ESPN reporter (who is, I believe, a UNL grad) says that "additional police reports" have been filed. But Bergman is reporting that the only incident LPD has record of is the initial incident on 8/25.

I don't know if this is a semantic issue - as in, the statements gathered since 12/5 are not "official police reports," or it's a privacy issue, as in, LPD won't comment to Bergman on ongoing investigations but someone did tell the ESPN reporter. Could be anything.

Levigne doesn't say which law enforcement agency she's referring to, but I would presume it's LPD. It could be LCSO or even OPD, depending on where the woman/women made their report, meaning Bergman would get the same answer but not have the full story because he's not asking the right agency.

I don't think either one of the is necessarily wrong. I think one has different info, and maybe a better source than the other.

1 minute ago, RedSavage said:

Yea, it sounds like there's an additional player involved to me as well

Same, unfortunately.

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Levigne doesn't say which law enforcement agency she's referring to, but I would presume it's LPD. It could be LCSO or even OPD, depending on where the woman/women made their report, meaning Bergman would get the same answer but not have the full story because he's not asking the right agency.

UNL has their own police force. Perhaps the reports have started with them?

2 minutes ago, Ulty said:

UNL has their own police force. Perhaps the reports have started with them?

Maybe. But if that's the case I would have expected her to identify UNLPD, because the inference in the article is definitely LPD. The line/paragraph directly before it cites an LPD officer.

Redshirt freshman Katerian LeGrone was booked on a charge of first-degree sexual assault, and redshirt freshman Andre Hunt was booked on a charge of first-degree aiding and abetting sexual assault, Lincoln Police Captain Duane Winkler told Outside the Lines on Tuesday.

Hunt and LeGrone have been named in additional police reports of alleged sex offenses filed within the past week, according to records obtained by Outside the Lines on Wednesday and a source familiar with those records. The reports include an August 2018 report of alleged rape naming LeGrone and another player, and a September 2018 alleged rape naming LeGrone; a February 2019 alleged rape naming Hunt; and two April 2019 reports of alleged sexual molestation/fondling filed by two separate women naming both men, according to the records. All of the reports were made to police since Friday, and charges have not been filed in any of them, according to the records.

I mean, she says they "obtained" the reports. I'm sure it'll be cleared up pretty quickly.

Defense attorney Justin Kalemkiarian took issue with the Lancaster County Attorney's office asking the judge to hold LeGrone without bond until court Thursday. He said they had two to three months to prepare their case.

Moments later, Yardley took up Hunt's case and set a $100,000 personal recognizance bond, meaning he would be released without bail on the promise to appear back in court Dec. 20.

Prosecutors are expected to decide whether they will file a charge against Hunt by that date, his attorney, Carlos Monzón, said.

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yeah, at this time it seems that the coaches took action to suspend the players as soon as they had knowledge of the August incident. Which is how it should be handled. 

Right now, I'm hoping that Nebraska handled this as well as reasonably possible. Luckily, this seems to be the case.

If it becomes apparent that there was knowledge of other incidents and no punishment was given, then fire them all or worse. Football isn't worth a single sexual assault. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I sincerely hope that this is the case, or s#!t is going to hit the fan. 

A segment from USC taped yesterday gives a pretty good update to the case and yes there is there is a third player, but for one of the earlier assaults. And I had no idea of all the reports from different victims that came in after Friday. It thought the criminal charges came from the title IX investigation until I listened to the USC segment. Ugly 

the segment is actually from today