Nebraska players face 2.5 year suspension for sexual misconduct

On 12/6/2019 at 9:29 AM, WyoHusker56 said:

This is called victim shaming. She doesn't have to leave, she doesn't have to be restrained or threatened or do any of that s#!t. This is on the same line as saying she wore those clothes so she was asking for it. She made it clear before she even came over that she didn't want to do anything and they violated that it really doesn't matter what actions she did or didn't take. It's not her fault in the slightest and implying so is stupid.

It’s you taking things out of context. You conveniently left out the part where I agreed that what happened was wrong. I just wanted to know the details of the story. There probably many that you and I don’t know. She did put herself in a bad position by going over there. If she felt threatened why couldn’t she leave? Is there more to the story? No one said it was her fault. Get over yourself. 

2 hours ago, KCBuc said:

It’s you taking things out of context. You conveniently left out the part where I agreed that what happened was wrong. I just wanted to know the details of the story. There probably many that you and I don’t know. She did put herself in a bad position by going over there. If she felt threatened why couldn’t she leave? Is there more to the story? No one said it was her fault. Get over yourself. 

It doesn't matter what the context is. When you suggest that she put herself in a bad position or didn't leave or whatever it's implying she shares some blame. The only thing that matters is she said she didn't want to do whatever. No other context or action matter.  

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, KCBuc said:

Wow, football players over a young a women. 

44 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

It doesn't matter what the context is. When you suggest that she put herself in a bad position or didn't leave or whatever it's implying she shares some blame. The only thing that matters is she said she didn't want to do whatever. No other context or action matter.  

Maybe context doesn't matter in your world, but it should.  I agreed with the original post that what the players did were wrong. Let that sink in a bit. There are curious questions that I have about the case and her story. There are questions that I have about the case that will probably not be answered. I still wonder what all the facts are. Context absolutely matters because you painted a false narrative and took what I said out of context. I still wonder why she went. Why she didn't leave  when felt threatened. I think those are fair questions and is possible that those answers could open more cans of worms for the players involved.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

Maybe context doesn't matter in your world, but it should.  I agreed with the original post that what the players did were wrong. Let that sink in a bit. There are curious questions that I have about the case and her story. There are questions that I have about the case that will probably not be answered. I still wonder what all the facts are. Context absolutely matters because you painted a false narrative and took what I said out of context. I still wonder why she went. Why she didn't leave  when felt threatened. I think those are fair questions and is possible that those answers could open more cans of worms for the players involved.

Maybe your question should be “why COULDN’T she leave when she felt threatened?” and “if she didn’t want to do anything how/why did the players get to that point?”  

There are fair questions to ask, but framing the questions without shifting blame does remain important. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Could be any number of sources for the details. 

I think you're right on this not being over. There is probably some shady area where she may have consented to activity A but not to parts B, C, etc. Not a good look for anyone involved

Well, if she did not consent to part B or C, then it doesn’t matter if she consented to A. There is still non-consent and therefore sexual assault.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, KCBuc said:

Well in my world I don't blame the victim. In your world you do so I'll stay in my world. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KCBuc said:

I havent read all your crap yet but have you asked what she wore as well?

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Bigred_inSD said:

I havent read all your crap yet but have you asked what she wore as well?

Have you thought about the fact that if she was held against her will the players could rack up some serious charges? You narrow minded flake. The details are important to find the truth. I AGREED with the post that said the players should be punished. Educate yourself and then post. 

• Plus1 1