Isaac Gifford

10 minutes ago, thatguy said:

for those in the know, why haven't we offered/got in contact? he seems like a good player, at least someone who can be a culture builder type of player. he's a better athlete than luke gifford, only shorter.

Page 8 goes into detail the status of his recruitment 

• Thanks 1

The only reason he doesn't have an offer is because he is a "tweener" or at least that's been their excuse.  Doesn't have the same frame as his brother, however the coaches have given him a pretty good pitch of being the next JoJo Domann in their defense, all over the field type of guy.  He's a hometown kid and his family loves Nebraska, offer or not I'd be very surprised if he wasn't N.

• Plus1 2

Just now, BIG ERN said:

I think this means two things:

1. we plan on using all 25 scholarships 
  2. we will have some more attrition 

Frost and other coaches cannot in-home visit and he cannot take an OV here. I assume he takes this blue shirt and it's a win-win for both parties. 

What a walk on class. 

the two kids from CSU & Gifford alone is a pretty good depth increase. 

Just now, Decked said:

What a walk on class. 

the two kids from CSU & Gifford alone is a pretty good depth increase. 

It takes time but Frost is crushing it with the walk-ons right now which is hard to do in this era. It usually takes 3 years for them to get up to speed and only a few break through but we will see benefits shortly. Nouili was a major get and him and Piper are gonna be road grading the B10. Add that in with young Jurgens at center and the solid OTs we have been getting. It's all coming together BOIS! 

• Plus1 3
44 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Frost and other coaches cannot in-home visit and he cannot take an OV here. I assume he takes this blue shirt and it's a win-win for both parties. 

Frost wants him here early.  Maybe since he is here for one semester, he does not count toward the 25.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Does it have to be attrition? Or can we back date one of our early enrollees in fall to open a spot for him? 

I'm pretty sure once a player has a scholarship at the start of fall camp, they count against the 85 for the year. In this case, that means the scholarship isn't free until the end of the spring semester. 

So either he takes a scholarship of someone who has already left, or Scott knows of more leaving and feels confident promising this. 

8 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

I'm pretty sure once a player has a scholarship at the start of fall camp, they count against the 85 for the year. In this case, that means the scholarship isn't free until the end of the spring semester. 

So either he takes a scholarship of someone who has already left, or Scott knows of more leaving and feels confident promising this. 

Have to think we’ll have at least 5 or so scholarship players departing for various reasons 

Already we have:

Hunt, LeGrone, Mo

Obvious candidates: 

Bradley, McQuitty, Rafdal, P. Jefferson, Raridon, & Butler. 

• Mavric changed the title to Isaac Gifford