Isaac Gifford

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Have to think we’ll have at least 5 or so scholarship players departing for various reasons 

Already we have:

Hunt, LeGrone, Mo

Obvious candidates: 

Bradley, McQuitty, Rafdal, P. Jefferson, Raridon, & Butler. 

I still have hopes that McQuitty flips the switch and becomes a contributor here, but who knows

6 minutes ago, macroboy said:

So a blue shirt means that you are part of the class and count against the 85 but cant take an official visit or host an in home?

So it's like a regular scholly w no visits? 

I dont really get it. Also, why the name? Why blue?

He doesn't get a scholarship until next fall and he actually counts towards next year's class. It's pretty rare because of the no official visits and no in home visits. It's just another term like a redshirt or grey shirt.

15 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

I think this means two things:

1. we plan on using all 25 scholarships 
  2. we will have some more attrition 

Frost and other coaches cannot in-home visit and he cannot take an OV here. I assume he takes this blue shirt and it's a win-win for both parties. 

Bingo!!

40 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

He doesn't get a scholarship until next fall and he actually counts towards next year's class. It's pretty rare because of the no official visits and no in home visits. It's just another term like a redshirt or grey shirt.

Love to see Frost getting creative to get more talent here. It got really tiresome watching talent exit the state under the last few coaches.

Don't remember if Luke also played safety in HS but it's not a bad thing to have a guy with athleticism. I assume we want him as an OLB? He'd have to put on some weight but looks to take decent angles and close pretty well on ball carriers. Getting more athletic on defense & having guys that can run well and play fast will pay dividends.

3 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

But all of the players in the 2020 recruiting class don't actually count until next years class. That's what this group of signees is- 'next year's class.'

Obviously early enrollees are different, and I've heard they can be counted against the previous class and that appears to play in here a little.

But if his scholly doesn't start until fall, that is when all the other incoming players start too right? So why is this not a regular part of the class?

34 minutes ago, macroboy said:

But all of the players in the 2020 recruiting class don't actually count until next years class. That's what this group of signees is- 'next year's class.'

Obviously early enrollees are different, and I've heard they can be counted against the previous class and that appears to play in here a little.

But if his scholly doesn't start until fall, that is when all the other incoming players start too right? So why is this not a regular part of the class?

It supposedly has to do with initial counters, and we are going to be up against our limit for initial counters this spring. It's not a regular part of this class because he wants to enroll early so a regular scholarship would start counting in January, but they don't have the room for that apparently.

35 minutes ago, macroboy said:

Because it is setup as a new fiscal year. Fall 2020 & spring 21 are under the same academic schedule. Which is where his scholarship would fall.

• Mavric changed the title to Isaac Gifford