WR Keagan Johnson [Iowa - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

58 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Johnson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And if we don't flip him...then it's panic time.

16 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

"We can't pull a 3* WR out of Omaha? One whose father played at Nebraska?" Sure, if you want to use the word panic, go ahead. 

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....now he's just a 3*.  Sounds like you think there's better players out there.

You need to put that mat away, my man, and get your reading glasses on. If that's your interpretation, then shine on you crazy diamond. 

4 minutes ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

Let’s ban Clester from coming back at any point:sarcasm

seriously, would be really interesting if he really has ill feelings towards the program, if Frost backed off, or what? Tough missing out on two local talents...especially one being a legacy kid. Best of luck to him...hopefully the other targets they are high on commit to the Huskers! 

I think Clester was pissed off when CJ wasn't recruited by Pelini/Beck and CJ ended up at Wyoming.  Since then Clester has probably come to realize that it's better to let his kids have their own lives and they don't always be tied to their father.  I am sure Clester wanted Keagan to go to NU, but he's still happy for his son that he's being recruited to play big time college football.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

You need to put that mat away, my man, and get your reading glasses on. 

Maybe you need to try harder.  You're post basically said that you would panic if we can't even pull a 3* kid out of Omaha.

That implies that you think there are better players out there...after all...this kid is just a 3* and we can't even get him.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Maybe you need to try harder.  You're post basically said that you would panic if we can't even pull a 3* kid out of Omaha.

That implies that you think there are better players out there...after all...this kid is just a 3* and we can't even get him.

LOL.

Alright, I'm done. Have a good one. 

• Plus1 1

I'm more concerned about the comments he made about Nebraska than I am about the fact that he didn't choose us. It sucks losing a legacy, home state, 3* player for sure. However, the stuff he said about Nebraska is in the minds of a lot of kids that we miss on.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I'm more concerned about the comments he made about Nebraska than I am about the fact that he didn't choose us. It sucks losing a legacy, home state, 3* player for sure. However, the stuff he said about Nebraska is in the minds of a lot of kids that we miss on.

Agreed on the comments. You can also glean some of the recruiting pitches that these kids are hearing from out of state coaches, which run against the Huskers:

- stability

- winning

Not that those are surprising but just continues to show that NU needs to start to win. :( 

• Fire 1

Just now, VizionNE said:

Not that those are surprising but just continues to show that NU needs to start to win. :( 

Bingo, winning is the only step left that the program needs to get back on track.

Remember, this is the golden era of Iowa football with their 8-5 W-L average the past ten years (9-3 past five). Them winning a couple head to heads with recruits is expected during this period. 

31 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I mean all those concerns go away if Frost doesn't lose to teams we should beat. We left 3 games on the field last year due to bad coaching. 4 if you count choking against Iowa. We win those games like we should and we are sitting real pretty with recruits, not just local, this year. It is going to be a tough recruiting climb this year because they have to have a winning season in order to keep these recruiting classes up. 5-7 like I predict is going to to make it real ugly for recruiting. Specifically with the talent in state for 2022.

• Plus1 1

It’s a loss.  I think he would rank last out of the 5 wr we signed last year. We don’t have any committed this year so I will hold off judgment.  If we have a haul like we did last year I am fine.  It hurts bc he is close, but  he is not a wandale or manning piece of your class you will have trouble replacing. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

In a vacuum? No. 

Add him to the list behind Dickerson and Watts? At the bottom of the "500 Mile Radius" mantra? Possibly. 

"We can't pull a 3* WR out of Omaha? One whose father played at Nebraska?" Sure, if you want to use the word panic, go ahead. 

Frost's recruiting has been close to lights out.  I'm more impressed that Frost can pull a top OL from Lawrence Kansas than I am concerned about what Frost can pull in at the skill positions.....even if they are legacy.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Keagan Johnson [Iowa - Signed LOI]