WR Keagan Johnson [Iowa - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

58 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Johnson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, kchusker_chris said:

keep seeing comments similar to this.  i haven't been following nearly as close as I used to - but for some reason I still thought manning and betts were very much up in the air.  without them, that "haul" last class looks pretty mediocre.  are we confident both will make it?  considering they aren't in a classroom and having to depend on themselves, being accountable to themselves, with no one else holding them accountable...consider me a little worried here if we have to depend on "online classes" to get these two qualified.

Betts is in. (Relaxed admissions standards ). Nothing to indicate Manning won't be in as well at this point. Remember, the whole nation is depending on online classes right now. 

The point of the "haul" comments is that we signed several receivers last class, many of whom were highly sought after. Therefore, it is okay to be optimistic that we may have depth at the position now and missing out on one recruit shouldn't sour the whole group. 

• Plus1 2

Frost was serious enough about WR production that Walters got let go in favor of Lubick.

I'd be willing to bet the difference in receiver production is night and day.

I know Iowa has scoreboard on us (by the slimmest of margins since Frost's arrival).  But a skill position player who would choose Ferentz' offense over Frost's?  Well.......

• Plus1 3

Clester put to bed on an interview with DB on what I posted earlier that losing Walters was one of the reasons why we lost Keegan. If anything, he said Lubick increased our chances of getting him. Came down to which program was going to win more. Clester is actually very excited about Lubick’s ability as both a recruiter & OC. Another nugget: didn’t shade out Nebraska like some seemed to think. This was a logical choice. 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Decked said:

Clester put to bed on an interview with DB what I posted earlier that losing Walters was one of the reasons why we lost Keegan. If anything, he said Lubick increased our chances of getting him. Came down to which program was going to win more. Clester is actually very excited about Lubick’s ability as both a recruiter & OC. Another nugget: didn’t shade out Nebraska like some seemed to think. This was a logical choice. 

In every interview since Keagan made the announcement, Clester has been nothing but complimentary of the NU staff and what they are doing in Lincoln.  Keagan wanted to go to a more established team, which if looking at the last 5 years, that would be Iowa by a landslide.  People just want to make things up when something doesn't go their way.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Decked said:

Clester put to bed on an interview with DB on what I posted earlier that losing Walters was one of the reasons why we lost Keegan. If anything, he said Lubick increased our chances of getting him. Came down to which program was going to win more. Clester is actually very excited about Lubick’s ability as both a recruiter & OC. Another nugget: didn’t shade out Nebraska like some seemed to think. This was a logical choice. 

Regardless of what he chooses to say publically, Keagan was close to Walters and when he left is when a shift occurred.  Not saying that Lubick didn't sweep in later and left a great impression,  thus off-setting the initial reaction.  I am sure it played a part early, but can absolutely get behind the fact that results on the field are beginning to really hurt recruiting in certain areas.

Just now, HANC said:

Regardless of what he chooses to say publically, Keagan was close to Walters and when he left is when a shift occurred.  Not saying that Lubick didn't sweep in later and left a great impression,  thus off-setting the initial reaction.  I am sure it played a part early, but can absolutely get behind the fact that results on the field are beginning to really hurt recruiting in certain areas.

Just stating that the winning and losing may have played a major part as stated.

• Fire 1

19 minutes ago, HANC said:

If we are being honest, if we lose this player because of Walters that is just fine. Keagan is a great player and I wish he was here. But Walters needed to go and Lubick is an improvement in my opinion. I was surprised he didn't come here in the first place when we hired Frost. I completely understand Keagan's decision to go to a winning program that is not too far from home. Nebraska will be fine at receiver in the years to come, I just hope KJ doesn't light us up like Fant did.

Also no more recruiting receivers whose first name start with a K and last name is Johnson. They bring so much drama to the program. 

/s

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

If we are being honest, if we lose this player because of Walters that is just fine. Keagan is a great player and I wish he was here. But Walters needed to go and Lubick is an improvement in my opinion. I was surprised he didn't come here in the first place when we hired Frost. I completely understand Keagan's decision to go to a winning program that is not too far from home. Nebraska will be fine at receiver in the years to come, I just hope KJ doesn't light us up like Fant did.

Also no more recruiting receivers whose first name start with a K and last name is Johnson. They bring so much drama to the program. 

/s

I agree with this entire post. Lol on the KJ coincidence

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, HANC said:

Just stating that the winning and losing may have played a major part as stated.

For this player YES - BUT not all we brought in studs last class and they know NU's record at losing

You either see the future or you dont need to start winning soon 

On 5/7/2020 at 1:51 PM, Wistrom Disciple said:

Betts is in. (Relaxed admissions standards ). Nothing to indicate Manning won't be in as well at this point. Remember, the whole nation is depending on online classes right now. 

The point of the "haul" comments is that we signed several receivers last class, many of whom were highly sought after. Therefore, it is okay to be optimistic that we may have depth at the position now and missing out on one recruit shouldn't sour the whole group. 

Just read this from last week: https://theathletic.com/1796343/2020/05/05/nebraska-huskers-football-recruiting-bellevue-west-zavier-betts-micah-riley-keagan-johnson/

Betts, a potential high-impact newcomer at Nebraska next season, continues to work toward academic eligibility. Two weeks remain in high school for him to finish remote coursework. Betts is focusing on his grades.

“He tells me the right things,” Huffman said.

Betts does not stand to benefit from a recent rule change announced by the NCAA Eligibility Center that waives the minimum standardized test scores for incoming student-athletes in 2020, because Betts did not meet the core-course requirements to enter his senior year.

He has already taken the ACT exam, though Betts has been unable to retake the test with dates canceled in response to the pandemic. If he meets his benchmark in the classroom this month, Huffman said, “I don’t see how they can hold (a test score) against you if they’re not even offering the test.”

Huffman said he’s hopeful Betts, in that scenario, would qualify through an exception allowed under the unusual circumstances.

still seems iffy to me.  depending on an exception 

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, kchusker_chris said:

Just read this from last week: https://theathletic.com/1796343/2020/05/05/nebraska-huskers-football-recruiting-bellevue-west-zavier-betts-micah-riley-keagan-johnson/

still seems iffy to me.  depending on an exception 

As someone who pointed this out earlier and could be a possibility: with no dates to retake the test..if he hinted at getting a lawyer the NCAA likely backs down 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Keagan Johnson [Iowa - Signed LOI]