WR Keagan Johnson [Iowa - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

58 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Johnson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

9 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

"He's not that good anyways" and "We didn't need him" are brothers from the same mother. 

I'm afraid we will have to disagree as you are spinning comments to fit your narrative. 

KJ is a good receiver, he will likely do well at Iowa. That said, we have numerous good receivers in the program and therefore, we do not need to panic. KJ would be a nice addition to the class but not one who the staff placed all their bets on (Foster Sarell, Darnay Holmes, Bookie, etc.) 

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

It's commentary on how, on almost every one of these threads (the local kids in particular) where a kid doesn't commit, we have a few recruiting geniuses that come in here espousing about how he either A. wasn't very good, or B. we didn't really want him. It's a tired and worn out trope that rears it's ugly head almost every time it happens, and it deserves to be called out. 

I'm flattered, thank you.

• Plus1 1

Fidone > Johnson by 100 miles....especially for Nebraska. We can grab some good WRs but not TEs. Opposite for Iowa. I want all in-state kids worthy of a D1 scholly to go to Nebraska, but Clester has been crying for the past 5 years about his other kids we didn't offer. I think the whole family had a bad taste about us. Nothing wrong with that 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

3 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I'm afraid we will have to disagree as you are spinning comments to fit your narrative. 

KJ is a good receiver, he will likely do well at Iowa. That said, we have numerous good receivers in the program and therefore, we do not need to panic. KJ would be a nice addition to the class but not one who the staff placed all their bets on (Foster Sarell, Darnay Holmes, Bookie, etc.) 

I'm flattered, thank you.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Are you panicking over his commitment to Iowa?

In a vacuum? No. 

Add him to the list behind Dickerson and Watts? At the bottom of the "500 Mile Radius" mantra? Possibly. 

"We can't pull a 3* WR out of Omaha? One whose father played at Nebraska?" Sure, if you want to use the word panic, go ahead. 

Let’s ban Clester from coming back at any point:sarcasm

seriously, would be really interesting if he really has ill feelings towards the program, if Frost backed off, or what? Tough missing out on two local talents...especially one being a legacy kid. Best of luck to him...hopefully the other targets they are high on commit to the Huskers! 

• Mavric changed the title to WR Keagan Johnson [Iowa - Signed LOI]