WR Keagan Johnson [Iowa - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

58 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Johnson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, kchusker_chris said:

If he meets his benchmark in the classroom this month, Huffman said, “I don’t see how they can hold (a test score) against you if they’re not even offering the test.”

I understand the uncertainty but Betts eligibility shouldn't be too much of a worry right now and shouldn't make KJ's commitment to Iowa any more or less important. The team will be fine and hopefully KJ is happy wherever he ultimately signs.

• Plus1 1
  • 4 weeks later...

16 minutes ago, CMT1525 said:

With all the bad Iowa publicity going on right now I wonder if the door can open back up for us here 

Possibly, but I think we will be more than fine at the wr spot.  He also spoke to the struggles of Nebraska and how much better of a spot Iowa is in.  Would be hard to go back on that now.  We will see, but if I was a wr I would have a hard time sharing time with a FB and TEs.  

4 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Possibly, but I think we will be more than fine at the wr spot.  He also spoke to the struggles of Nebraska and how much better of a spot Iowa is in.  Would be hard to go back on that now.  We will see, but if I was a wr I would have a hard time sharing time with a FB and TEs.  

To the bolded, that's sort of ridiculous.  As a WR, every system is sharing the ball with other players.

To the rest of your post, this could get interesting if this builds to a point where it affects Iowa as a program and KFs coaching status there this fall AND we come out and have a good year.  He might start viewing the programs differently.  

However, by that time, our WR spots might be filled.....which I'm fine with.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, CMT1525 said:

With all the bad Iowa publicity going on right now I wonder if the door can open back up for us here 

We will get better WR's in this class. I am sure the door will be open, but I think we will have those spots filled by the time the season starts.

I could 

16 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

We will get better WR's in this class. I am sure the door will be open, but I think we will have those spots filled by the time the season starts.

Agree here. This class was going to be fine with or without him. To me, if for some reason he decommits from Iowa, I could see him picking K State and electing not to revisit Nebraska.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

To the bolded, that's sort of ridiculous.  As a WR, every system is sharing the ball with other players.

To the rest of your post, this could get interesting if this builds to a point where it affects Iowa as a program and KFs coaching status there this fall AND we come out and have a good year.  He might start viewing the programs differently.  

However, by that time, our WR spots might be filled.....which I'm fine with.

Sharing the ball is different than sharing the field.  If I am on the field I can get the ball.  If I am not then I can not get the ball. Iowa runs a lot of 21, 12, and some 22 personnel.  

I agree with Ziebol that we will end up with better wrs in this class but if he wants to jump ship soon he would probably have a spot.  

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very hopeful to end up with perhaps a better player here ... but if Keagan wanted to be :bigredn:, I'd take him in a heartbeat.  I think he can be a nice WR addition and would fit our culture quite well and be an asset.  Thus, my heart remains open ... should he ever want to reconcile with Nebraska.  It would always bode well for us to solidify and own our radius ... if the player hits our criteria.

• Mavric changed the title to WR Keagan Johnson [Iowa - Signed LOI]
  • 1 year later...