What could have been....

HANC

1 hour ago, SFW said:

If we didn’t have a knuckle head as a head coach we win 3 more games despite all the player excuses.

53 minutes ago, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

Right.On.  Exclamation Point. 

You two are a broken record.   Don't have anything else better to do than post the same things every couple hours?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

I just wonder whether Martinez watched Burrow play Georgia yesterday. He gave a clinic on what a QB should do. He was surveying the field for three receivers in almost every play and his runs were decisive and positive. Martinez was the extreme opposite this season, focusing on one receiver and if they were not open, he would try to run up the middle but mostly assume the fetal position. Most of the interceptions were caused by him staring down his one target. He must improve tremendously if we are to have a chance to get to 6-6. I am of the opinion to focus on McCaffrey. I really think this kid is special and has what is needed to lead our offense.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BRV920 said:

No kidding! Where do you coach again? Maybe Instead of whining about a season that is over you could show some patience. 

7 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I just wonder whether Martinez watched Burrow play Georgia yesterday. He gave a clinic on what a QB should do. He was surveying the field for three receivers in almost every play and his runs were decisive and positive. Martinez was the extreme opposite this season, focusing on one receiver and if they were not open, he would try to run up the middle but mostly assume the fetal position. Most of the interceptions were caused by him staring down his one target. He must improve tremendously if we are to have a chance to get to 6-6. I am of the opinion to focus on McCaffrey. I really think this kid is special and has what is needed to lead our offense.

I wonder if Frost watched LSU and learned how to call a game and burn clock.  

I wonder if Chinander watched and learned from the best DC in the country.

52 minutes ago, runningblind said:

You two are a broken record.   Don't have anything else better to do than post the same things every couple hours?

I haven't been in this forum for two days.  That's one thing.  The other thing is that the most repeated notion in here is that Scott Frost "just needs more time."  Etc.  That's the broken record.  Go talk to them.  Or to yourself. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, huskerfan74 said:

I have heard the talking heads comments this season regarding Burrow.  Saw the clip yesterday that "Nebraska didn't want me" (his quote) and comments on this board to include mine about "NU blew it" on this kid...Who wanted to come here....Who will/should win the Hypesman.  Who hadn't won the OSU job.  Who didn't set the world on fire last year.  Who has really shined in the O designed around his skill set this season.  .....And then I look at LSU (insert Clemson/OSU/OU/Bama/UGA etc) and realize that Burrow is great.  BUT his supporting cast is also amazing.   NU does not have one guy on our O who would start for any of the teams that were/are in contention for the playoffs.  Not knocking you and your post at all.  He Trevor/Fields insert "X" have put on clinics all season.  But it goes to their supporting cast (I also do not think AM2.0 is close to the top QB's).  I think he was light years better last year and was comparable to the guys we see now.  Saw a comment from Frost today that AM has been injured all year.  He didn't specify injury (I think he will have shoulder surgery).  Went on about needing guys to step up etc...Said not defending any individual players.  He does mention "whoever's playing quarterback".....Maybe open to a competition?

“Adrian’s been hurt this year and that certainly affected it,” Frost said after the Iowa game. “We need to find more people that can be open for him more consistently so he can trust that, we got to protect him better. I’m not defending anybody on the team, we all need to get better, but there’s a lot of things that need to happen a lot better around whoever’s playing quarterback.”

://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/a-look-at-the-key-offseason-questions-in-front-of/article_46034902-2fd2-5af7-a178-2c3d82ee412b.amp.html

I'd also give mad props to Joe Brady for what he did for Burrow and that LSU O......

1 hour ago, lo country said:

I'd also give mad props to Joe Brady for what he did for Burrow and that LSU O......

Mad props also to ED O for not being loyal, to friends on his staff.  He went out and brought in the best assistants he could find.   That’s the main reason they’re in the poll position.  

14 minutes ago, SFW said:

Mad props also to ED O for not being loyal, to friends on his staff.  He went out and brought in the best assistants he could find.   That’s the main reason they’re in the poll position.  

Truth.  Clemson has fired guys....Bama.......Wisconsin....OSU is an anomaly.  MOst guys leave for other gigs, but some are maybe persuaded to leave.

In year 2, I think we regressed.  I realize the loss of Stan, Oz, Foster and Farmer hurt, but who looked improved?  Were we better despite the performance.  Not calling for heads.  Too early, BUT there needs to be some soul searching this off season for sure. What we have doen is not working...

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

It helps when you have multiple Wrs that can win.  I dont think our best WR even starts for LSU.  That makes a big difference when a qb is back there making decisions.  It has been stated repeatedly that we need to get some weapons in here for Martinez to use and they are trying their best to do that.  Manning would be a good start.  

4 hours ago, swmohusker said:

It helps when you have multiple Wrs that can win.  I dont think our best WR even starts for LSU.  That makes a big difference when a qb is back there making decisions.  It has been stated repeatedly that we need to get some weapons in here for Martinez to use and they are trying their best to do that.  Manning would be a good start.  

WRs that can block too.  As much as our OL gets blamed for bad blocking, our receiver blocking is worse.

On 12/8/2019 at 3:39 PM, lo country said:

Truth.  Clemson has fired guys....Bama.......Wisconsin....OSU is an anomaly.  MOst guys leave for other gigs, but some are maybe persuaded to leave.

In year 2, I think we regressed.  I realize the loss of Stan, Oz, Foster and Farmer hurt, but who looked improved?  Were we better despite the performance.  Not calling for heads.  Too early, BUT there needs to be some soul searching this off season for sure. What we have doen is not working...

I'd agree.  I'm not in the place of thinking anyone of the coaches need to leave, yet.  But I sure am in the place where I think ALL of the coaches need to do some serious study and learning this off season.

Edited by grandpasknee
Added the "yet" in the second sentence.