Samari Curtis

Apparently with the three guys sitting out this year, the Scout Team regularly beats the starters in practice. I don't think he was going to play much after this year, and leaving now helps him keep another semester of eligibility.

Hate to see anyone go, but this probably makes the most sense for everyone involved.

He was a late add but was someone I was super excited about when they got him.

Never got to see much of him to know how he matched up, but the little I saw didnt really excite me. I just assumed he is 18 and will take time to learn.

So hard to know when you bring that many new guys in who will rise to the top and who wont.

Probably trying to get out now so he can maybe be available for another team 2nd semester next season?

Probably a good thing that we have another scholarship to play with.

Much more excited for next year with Stevenson, Walker and Banton available. I wouldnt be shocked to see a few other guys bolt after this season.

Akol Arop is one to watch. 

6 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

He was a late add but was someone I was super excited about when they got him.

Never got to see much of him to know how he matched up, but the little I saw didnt really excite me. I just assumed he is 18 and will take time to learn.

So hard to know when you bring that many new guys in who will rise to the top and who wont.

Probably trying to get out now so he can maybe be available for another team 2nd semester next season?

Probably a good thing that we have another scholarship to play with.

Much more excited for next year with Stevenson, Walker and Banton available. I wouldnt be shocked to see a few other guys bolt after this season.

Akol Arop is one to watch. 

I wouldn't be completely surprised to see Burke leave as a grad transfer - was recruited by a different coach to a different system.

22 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

I wouldn't be completely surprised to see Burke leave as a grad transfer - was recruited by a different coach to a different system.

He is getting decent minutes. They worked pretty hard to convince him to stay but no idea. 

Jervay Green and Dachon Burke could both be guys who see writing on the wall.

Or a gull year in system might give them chance. We are going to run small ball most likely..

Walker probably plays more of a 5. Banton more off guard and Stevenson hybrid guard/forward. 

Sad to see him go.  Guessing there will be 2 more stories like this over the next several months - which is good for both sides.  
The guys coming in next year will be a 2 steps above the guys leaving and 1 step above a few that will stay and try to improve. Next year our top 6 will be pretty solid.

• seaofred92 changed the title to Samari Curtis